Oh look, another shitty list from Blender

ii44ii44 Posts: 430
edited October 2007 in Other Music
This time it's the worst songs ever. Joy.

Not only did they include The Doors "The End" (seriously wtf???) they ripped the top 10 from vh1's awesomely songs show. Huzzah to Blender!

http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=819
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Spin Doctors' "Two Princes" wasn't THAT bad. Heck, it's better than most of the shit you hear on the radio today. I'll take that song over Chicken Noodle Soup and any Fergie song any day.
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Odin wrote:
    Spin Doctors' "Two Princes" wasn't THAT bad. Heck, it's better than most of the shit you hear on the radio today. I'll take that song over Chicken Noodle Soup and any Fergie song any day.

Actually, I hate that song.
    ii44 wrote:

Good for you. It's still doesn't belong on the "worst 25 songs" list.
    Odin wrote:
    Good for you. It's still doesn't belong on the "worst 25 songs" list.

Oh it does. It does.
    ii44 wrote:
    Oh it does. It does.

I can think of way more than 25 songs worse than Two Princes......from this decade alone.
  • ii44 wrote:
    Oh it does. It does.

Nah, it doesn't.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i love list!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    A lot of the songs on that list are pretty shitty. I disagree that The End should be on it though. The readers' suggestions were on point for the most part.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    They got the number 1 right.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Odin wrote:
    I can think of way more than 25 songs worse than Two Princes......from this decade alone.
    I can think of 25 worse from this year :)
  • ii44 wrote:

lol. Seriously, beyond awful.

I thought a few of the choices were hilarious. Poor Clay...that boy's got a set of pipes for sure (& I'm not afraid to admit that his Christmas album gets yearly rotation over here.) haha. But that "Invisible" song was ridiculously cheesy. :)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I love Blender magazine.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Well, there is certainly some pus there.
    Note, most songs are from the Eighties, the terrible synth years, and very dark time for lovers of good music.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Huey Leiws & The News fucking rock.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    funny
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I don't give a shit what anyone says, Broken Wings is an awesome song.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    so where the hell is dirty frank?
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • COREY HART
    “Sunglasses At Night” 1984
    If you look up one-hit wonder in the dictionary, this is what you’ll find

Over a keyboard riff that sounds more than a little like that of “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This),” the brooding Quebecois Hart mugged worse than Derek Zoolander as he extolled the virtues of going incognito. With its lack of anything resembling a human being playing an instrument, this is disposable synth-pop at its most bubblegum.

Worst Moment The chorus, in which Hart warns, “Don’t switch a blade on the guy in shades, oh, no,” was an attempt at tough-guy posing, but it made him sound like the musical equivalent of Judd Nelson in The Breakfast Club. That is, not very tough at all.

***************************************************************************************
    While I agree that this song really does belong on such a list...

FUCK those guys for taking this as an opportunity to talk shit about my precious John Bender!! :mad:
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    Odin wrote:

Horrible song...
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • First of all, we all know Blender sucks...

Second, these lists by these magazines are bullshit, they don't take into account any album filler, they usually go after singles. You can't tell me that any album filler on a Backstreet Boys album is better than "The End" (or "We Built This City" for that matter)
    4/23/03 - Champaign, IL
    5/16/06 - Chicago, IL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    5/4/10 - St Louis, MO

...tickle my nausea...
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    First of all, we all know Blender sucks...

Second, these lists by these magazines are bullshit, they don't take into account any album filler, they usually go after singles. You can't tell me that any album filler on a Backstreet Boys album is better than "The End" (or "We Built This City" for that matter)
    well... the point they made about We Built This City is fair. The lyrics seem to imply that corporate ruling of the world is a tragedy, which might have been fine if they'd made the song as Jefferson Airplane but when they bring in the line about corporations changing names it's just ridiculous. How they sang that with a straight face, I don't know.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Not that bad of a list. If not 'The End' then what Doors' song. I like me some Doors, but Jim Morrison need to lay of the drugs a little more. For every good lyric he wrote, 1000 more were written. His arrogance got the best of him imo.

"We Built This City" is better than "The End". Can you imagine an entire city built on rock and roll. Twould be magical.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    well... the point they made about We Built This City is fair. The lyrics seem to imply that corporate ruling of the world is a tragedy, which might have been fine if they'd made the song as Jefferson Airplane but when they bring in the line about corporations changing names it's just ridiculous. How they sang that with a straight face, I don't know.

I'm not saying "We Built This City" is a good song, I'm saying there is worse shit out there...any Color Me Badd song for example.
    4/23/03 - Champaign, IL
    5/16/06 - Chicago, IL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    5/4/10 - St Louis, MO

...tickle my nausea...
  • That's pretty funny that that guy from Blender listened to "We Built This City" for 24 hours.
    If I could, think I would give in.

The Heart of Rock & Roll

Huey Lewis

Don't Worry, Be Happy

She Bangs

Ricky Martin

Party All the Time

Eddie Murphy

Breakfast At Tiffany's

Deep Blue Something

Ice Ice Baby

Vanilla Ice

Rollin' (Urban Assault Vehicle)

Limp Bizkit

Everybody Have Fun Tonight

Wang Chung

Achy Breaky Heart

Billy Ray Cyrus

We Built This City

Starship

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/50_most_awesomely_bad_songs/series_countdown.jhtml
  • I actually thought it was a funny article. Yeah, its definitely off with its picks for songs, but still funny to read.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    The End kicks ass.
    I agree with the rest of the list though.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Huey Leiws & The News fucking rock.

Agreed
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I hate Blender.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I don't give a shit what anyone says, Broken Wings is an awesome song.

I was thinking that too
    not awesome, but not one of the worst

wheres the you spin me round round baby round round

that should be on there