Neil Young 2008 England

13»

Comments

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    redrock wrote:
    Peg.. I thought you didn't like Neil Young!
    I'm curious ;)
    I don't like his voice much actually, well, what I heard which I got to admit isn't much.
    But everyone says the shows are great, so I'll see (wouldn't have for the full price..hell even PJ I'd think about it many times before paying that)

other question actually: is taping 'allowed'? (might as well do it if I'm there :) even if it's not particularly good..well, the Crowded House ones weren't bad so..)
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    People last night weren't standing at all til the encore, when people rushed to the front.

There was no rigorous check for taping equipment or cameras. There's an announcement saying specifically no PHONES for taking photos or taping as they interfere with the equipment, but never any mention of using taping gear or a proper camera...
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Pegasus wrote:
    I'm probably going to regret asking, but did everyone stayed stupidly glued to their seat the whole show or was there some life at least during the electric set?
    (thanks to Rob selling me his now spare at bargain price, I'm going too :o)

edit, just in case I wasn't clear enough: were people standing?

The crowd were a bit wet I thought (no standing up or even moving really - I was rocking out in my seat though!) but I suppose that is an indication of the age bracket of the majority of the people there. The encore was F^&kin Up and I essentially just walked up to the front and stood leaning on the stage for that - I have some cool photos and will post them later.

I bought the program (all pictures by Danny Clinch and Eric Johnson (PJ's old tour manager who went over to Neil)) and Ben Keith who plays guitar/organ/piano and a whole heap of other things (and has been playing with Neil since he recorded Harvest in 1970!) has this awesome t-shirt which on the back says:

"Either you rock or you suck"

This is officially my new mantra!!

Sandra I think you are going to be frustrated - but given that he's not your favourite maybe you'll be alright. Based on last night's show it should be excellent for taping - just gotta stop those idiots yelling crap out inbetween songs.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    but I suppose that is an indication of the age bracket of the majority of the people there
    :eek: :mad: :D

Anyway.. I know you've already been, but will you be joining us (some going to see neil young and others not) for drinks tomorrow?
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    What kind of merchandise is there??

Any posters??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    The crowd were a bit wet I thought (no standing up or even moving really - I was rocking out in my seat though!) but I suppose that is an indication of the age bracket of the majority of the people there. The encore was F^&kin Up and I essentially just walked up to the front and stood leaning on the stage for that - I have some cool photos and will post them later.

I bought the program (all pictures by Danny Clinch and Eric Johnson (PJ's old tour manager who went over to Neil)) and Ben Keith who plays guitar/organ/piano and a whole heap of other things (and has been playing with Neil since he recorded Harvest in 1970!) has this awesome t-shirt which on the back says:

"Either you rock or you suck"

This is officially my new mantra!!
    shit! hopes it's not on the same price level as the tickets because I need to get that :cool:
    Sandra I think you are going to be frustrated - but given that he's not your favourite maybe you'll be alright. Based on last night's show it should be excellent for taping - just gotta stop those idiots yelling crap out inbetween songs.
    mm... how pissed people around me are going to be you think.. ;):D [size=-2](I HATE sitting for those who don't know)[/size]

anyway, off to start the weekend with Babs, Helen and Jamie!
  • pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    What kind of merchandise is there??

Any posters??

Yep, posters and t-shirts, including a special Hammersmith t.

Jackets, bags, badges, hats too...

You can see it all on neilyoung.com, it's all the same stuff as for last years American tour (but with euro dates on the back, obviously)...
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • Here are my pics from Thurs night:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59794835@N00/sets/72157604068782397/

Hope you guys have a great time tonight - I'm going to see if I can pop along for drinks beforehand.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Great pics Fleur! Do come to the pub :)
    recording is ok, not great, on the quiet side for some reason, especially Neil's voice not coming out too well.
    Will try to upload it this later, unless something betters comes out before...