richard ashcroft

tucker carlsontucker carlson Posts: 66
edited November 2006 in Other Music
new single "break the night with colour"

excellent new single......anybody heard it yet
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yeah i heard that one and crying all night is another new song on his web site, his third solo album by the sound of those two songs will be as good as his last two, another great reason why this year is allready kicking so much boot-eh!
  • Options
    No, I haven't been keeping up with him so I didn't know there was something new. I'll check it out!
  • Options
    new single "break the night with colour"

excellent new single......anybody heard it yet

i saw the video 3 days ago.great song!
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
    Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>
  • Options
    he's kooooooooool :p tssss tsss tsss
  • Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    Never did anything worth listening to after his time with the Verve.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    BUENA wrote:
    Never did anything worth listening to after his time with the Verve.

he got even better!
  • Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    he got even better!

Are you high? he got really boring.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    BUENA wrote:
    Are you high? he got really boring.
    really hard to compare stages of art and say one phase of it is better than the other.....beauty is in the ear of the listener....some people like music to challenge them and some like easily digestable music that is understood on the first listen.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I liked his first solo album, his second one was ok, but not as good as his first. I have heard his new solo album, listented to it twice so I can't yet say which way it leans, more towards his solid 1st solo album, or more towards his average second one, but right now I would say more towards his 2nd solo album, nothing stands out so far.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    pearlmuttpearlmutt Posts: 392
    i like him -- human condition(s?) is my favorite.

but the oddest thing on the boring meter. and i really don't what constitutes boring, but i was in my grocery store and heard one of his songs being played. i thought it couldn't be good for his career, but perhaps i'm wrong.
  • Options
    You know, I can totally understand that. However, I was in a grocery store too a couple of weeks ago and was behooved to hear a Screaming Trees song. What the hell ???

Anyways, it was probably the best song I have ever heard played in a grocery store though :)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    smarchee wrote:
    You know, I can totally understand that. However, I was in a grocery store too a couple of weeks ago and was behooved to hear a Screaming Trees song. What the hell ???

Anyways, it was probably the best song I have ever heard played in a grocery store though :)

you guys have to tell me where you do your shopping, i always hear elevator-type music...

anyway, back to topic...
    i think richard ashcroft is great... the new single is really catchy which usually isn't my thing... but damn, i can't stop listening to this song... it could be really bland (or blunt, james blunt :D) but i think richard's vocal style adds some nice friction that makes it interesting even after a few listens...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    wow... I've never been much of a verve or richard ashcroft fan, but his new album is VERY good. It's been playing pretty much constantly the last few days.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    pearlmuttpearlmutt Posts: 392
    he also does the drugs don't work song that ben harper does. i don't actually know whose song it is, kind of embarrassing.

i like both of them.

does anyone have a favorite version

ben or richard's?
  • Options
    its actually The Verve, which was who Richard Ashcroft sung lead vocals for and wrote all their songs (I think all), so yeah, its Richard's song and Ben Harper does a cover of it
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    yeh the drugs dont work is the verve's song, what a lengendary band, ohhh man....
  • Options
    heyya, i digged out this ancient old topic to ask the uk ladies and gentlemen ,is anybody going to the london gig next week...?
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    Solo Richard Ashcroft is the most intensely boring British music being recorded today, imo. And that's saying something, because British musics sucks at the moment.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Solo Richard Ashcroft is the most intensely boring British music being recorded today, imo. And that's saying something, because British musics sucks at the moment.

opinions are like assholes; everyone's got one
    and i dont share yours ;)
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    Otis64Otis64 Posts: 41
    This guy was really good opening up for Coldplay. Hilarious too. Haven't heard the new song yet but am anxious to.
    It's Gonna Be A Long Walk Home
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739