I just saw pete yorn accoustic

BackwardsBlues1BackwardsBlues1 Posts: 152
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I've seen pete yorn several times, and this was the best I've seen him. it was a great show. On top of everything he covered my favorite smiths song (there is a light that never goes out) and my favorite elvis song (suspicious minds). If he's stopping near you, I highly recommend it.

p.s. he was also wearing a very cool hat.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I could die for not getting tix. I've seen him at a huge festival like 4 yrs ago.
    at the last minute the other day, he sent out a bulletin on myspace that some more tix were let out for this place where he was at in b'more. It was too close to another show i'm going to...can't get to too many shows and still work full time.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • I've seen pete yorn several times, and this was the best I've seen him. it was a great show. On top of everything he covered my favorite smiths song (there is a light that never goes out) and my favorite elvis song (suspicious minds). If he's stopping near you, I highly recommend it.

I really like Pete Yorn's music. But I've got to say the one time I saw him live, it wasn't the most awe-inspiring performance. Really kinda boring actually, surprisingly. I think he is much better suited for the acoustic performance. But I don't think he is playing Chicago anyways :(
  • I really like Pete Yorn's music. But I've got to say the one time I saw him live, it wasn't the most awe-inspiring performance. Really kinda boring actually, surprisingly. I think he is much better suited for the acoustic performance. But I don't think he is playing Chicago anyways :(

the accoustic performance was really good because you could really hear the songs, you know what I mean?

the past times I saw him, I thought he was surprisingly loud and distorted. He's touring again in the fall with usual rock show.

he played some songs from the new album, some of which I thought were really good.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    I've seen pete yorn several times, and this was the best I've seen him. it was a great show. On top of everything he covered my favorite smiths song (there is a light that never goes out) and my favorite elvis song (suspicious minds). If he's stopping near you, I highly recommend it.

Was it at Park Tavern here in Atlanta?