Unbelievable

reditalianreditalian Posts: 329
edited August 2006 in Other Music
I'm sure this has posted a 100 times but I don't care....10 000 Days is fucking awesome!!! I can't stop listening to it, especially The Pot.......UNREAL. No wonder it's so damn hard to get tickets to there shows with an album like that.....WOW.
There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I really don't listen to that cd much at all. Not raining on your parade here. I'll go back and give it another shot i just don't think it is that awesome. By far their worst effort in my opinion.

Perhaps it will grow on me though.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • reditalianreditalian Posts: 329
    intodeep wrote:
    I really don't listen to that cd much at all. Not raining on your parade here. I'll go back and give it another shot i just don't think it is that awesome. By far their worst effort in my opinion.

I'm really suprised to here that! I have a few die hard Tool fans that think it's one of their best, I definitly think you should give it another chance.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

• great album

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    intodeep wrote:

dude, all i got to say is that pearl jam , chilis, tool and neil young all came out fairly close. tool got pushed to the back. now that the other albums have had their listen. 10,000 days got a chance. and HOLY FUCK.

it is UNBELIEVABLE as the thread title suggests. not just some songs, but the whole thing. its a journey. the title track is amazing. what a little story he tells. the pot is unreal as stated, vicarious slays. jambi is great. rosetta stoned takes some getting used to but is worth it!!! my bed, my back.

go listen to it, now.

im seeing them in vancouver and gorge
    !!!! so pumped. great album, just great!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    August 24th, 8th row floor, calgary can't wait:D:D

lovin the new album more and more each day
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    What are we talking about here?
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I much prefer the first half of the album to the second half, as neanderthal a comment as it may be, I have always preferred heavier TOOL to their lighter side.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    'The things, you say
    Your purple prose just gives you away
    The things, you say
    You're unbelievable'
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    fada wrote:
    What are we talking about here?

Tool's album 10,000 Days.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    The first half is stunning and then it wavers a bit but its still awesome. 10,000 days the track is mindblowing
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    The first half is stunning and then it wavers a bit but its still awesome. 10,000 days the track is mindblowing

I agree. But I'm torn, I LOOOOOOVE maynards voice on The Pot but the lyrics to Viscarious fit so well to the music, and you just hear the passion/agner in his voice in that song. Goddamn, roll on 22nd of November!!!
    The only thing I haven't heard by them yet is Opiate, worth checking out?

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    I agree. But I'm torn, I LOOOOOOVE maynards voice on The Pot but the lyrics to Viscarious fit so well to the music, and you just hear the passion/agner in his voice in that song. Goddamn, roll on 22nd of November!!!

PEACE
    well worth checking out. Obviously its not as complex as lateralus etc but its good angry music. There are 4 studio tracks and 2 live ones. Jerk-off, one of the live ones is just stunning. Maynard's vocals are unreal. he ends the song screaming "SHOOT YA, KICK YA, FUCK YA, SHOOT YOU IN YOUR FUCKIN' HEAD" and then it just ends abruptly. the crowd are sort of nervously quiet for a second and then cheer.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Binaural wrote:

PEACE

My God, you still have not heard this one?? Its thier FIRST album...c'mon

..oh, and YES, GO CHECK IT OUT!!!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Binaural wrote:

PEACE

Oh yes Opiate is worth checking out. It is more straight up rock then the other albums. closest album to compare it to is undertow, but a little more tame.

"Throw that bob marley wanna be mother fucker out of here!"

Jerk off is such an angry and great song.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    end of the album waivering? Has 2 of the albums best tracks.. Intension and Right in two!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    end of the album waivering? Has 2 of the albums best tracks.. Intension and Right in two!
    hmmm but it also has viginti tres and to be honest, intension is something I can only listen to when I'm into a certain kind of mood. The disc is solid as a whole but I feel that the first half is better
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    i havent heard it yet but i guess i never really got the whole tool thing anyway. i like them but not a lot.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    i havent heard it yet but i guess i never really got the whole tool thing anyway. i like them but not a lot.

never got the whole tool thing? fuckin listen to aenima. if you dont get that, youll never get anything.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    never got the whole tool thing? fuckin listen to aenima. if you dont get that, youll never get anything.

HAHAHAHA....well put my friend, but it's funny how many people don't get Tool. I think they are a lot like PJ in that way, you either love 'em or hate 'em

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

its amazing how critically acclaimed aenima is, given all the "weird" tracks. dont get me wrong its awesome its just funny that people for once see the "filler" tracks as integral. apart from useful idiot which really is useless.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    its amazing how critically acclaimed aenima is, given all the "weird" tracks. dont get me wrong its awesome its just funny that people for once see the "filler" tracks as integral. apart from useful idiot which really is useless.

well aenima is that rare case where the "filler" tracks actually contribute to the mood of the record. intermission seems like a pretty lame track until you hear how it sets up jimmy.
    well aenima is that rare case where the "filler" tracks actually contribute to the mood of the record. intermission seems like a pretty lame track until you hear how it sets up jimmy.
    heh. before I even heard Jimmy intermission made me laugh, with its ice hockey style organ. its so cool. (-) ions is also awesome... so atmospheric.
    Ha, ok, I think you've all convinced me to check out Opiate, looking foward to hearing Jerk-Off.
    So is anyone on here checking them out in Dublin?

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    Ha, ok, I think you've all convinced me to check out Opiate, looking foward to hearing Jerk-Off.
    So is anyone on here checking them out in Dublin?

PEACE
    have to make a choice between dublin, manchester or london.... probably gonna hit london cos I got a place to stay.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    heh. before I even heard Jimmy intermission made me laugh, with its ice hockey style organ. its so cool. (-) ions is also awesome... so atmospheric.

yeah i wish tool had kept doing stuff like that. i'm not really into the "organic" segues on lateralus. it just sounds like adam or justin playing around with delay pedals to me.
    yeah i wish tool had kept doing stuff like that. i'm not really into the "organic" segues on lateralus. it just sounds like adam or justin playing around with delay pedals to me.
    I quite liked mantra on lateralus, with that weird indian sounding thing but Eon Blue Apocalypse is literally pointless... its just some random guitar picking.
    Just to show how awesome this band and Maynard is he beats a guy up who rushs the stage and never misses a note. How many other guys can do that.....hahahaha

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS