Options

Seven Mary Three

destinydestiny Posts: 31
edited January 2006 in Other Music
I have the first two cd's...they're not bad especially the first one..don't know anything about them though......people's opinions?????
How much difference does it make ?
***It's all state of mind***

----Gorge 05, Gorge 06' I & II, to be cont...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I thought they were Ok when they first came out. What happened to them?
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • Options
    neoneo Posts: 89
    very good live band.....
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,762
    they got tired of having the constant criticism of being compared to Pearl Jam and broke up...no joke.

(funny people beware: any cheap shot of the C band or lead singer will be highly uncreative, tiresome and will ruin your status as comical genius)
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    well since i dont have a status of comical genius
    here goes :

I liked American Standard :)
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    I thought they were utter crap and if you ask me, THEY are the biggest Pearl Jam rip-off EVER.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    They did not break up... and they are far from the biggest PJ rip off...
  • Options
    Further - I actually posted this the other day:

Say what you want, but I put Jason Ross' lyrics next to any other major songwriter from the 90s and see them as being equal and in most (not all) cases, better.

American Standard was sooo big - and then they kinda started doing their own thing with Rock Crown - but they have not made a single weak album (Economy of Sound is the closest thing to a weak album, but even it has highlights).

If I were to make a Seven Mary Three starter kit, so that people could see the excellent work this band does, it would be as follows:

Where are you Calling From Tonight
    Made to be Broken
    Don't Walk With the Devil
    Peel
    Joliet
    SouthWestern State
    Lucky
    Rock Crown
    What Angry Blue
    Oven
    Cumbersome (because it's what people know)
    Roderigo
    My My
    Anything
    Favorite Dog

I would dare anyone to sit down, listen to this grouping of songs a few times over, and then say "no, these guys aren't good"...

IMHO, easily, the most underrated band of the 90s and today.
  • Options
    NakedClown wrote:
    They did not break up... and they are far from the biggest PJ rip off...

Have you not heard that song "Cumbersome"?!! It fuckin' sounds like their doing a VS. song!!!! What the hell?! I'll admit, Scott Stapp really needed to lay off trying to sound like Eddie Vedder, but musically there were differences between them and Pearl Jam...Seven Mary Three though, they really try to sound like them all round musically!! Their guitarist tried really hard to be Stone Gossard, and their singer sounds more like Eddie than any other band that most ppl on this board would say is a Pearl Jam ripoff!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options
    I'd like to take a poll on that and I think most people would disagree with you.

Seven Mary Three - after American Standard - is much more of a "Southern Rock" band than anything else. You're holding the song "Cumbersome" against them?

That's like making a judgement against Pearl Jam based on the song "Jeremy."

See my previous post. Their follow-up albums have been highly under-rated. Lots of good music.

If you haven't heard the follow-up albums, don't make blanket statements you can't back up.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Have you not heard that song "Cumbersome"?!! It fuckin' sounds like their doing a VS. song!!!! What the hell?! I'll admit, Scott Stapp really needed to lay off trying to sound like Eddie Vedder, but musically there were differences between them and Pearl Jam...Seven Mary Three though, they really try to sound like them all round musically!! Their guitarist tried really hard to be Stone Gossard, and their singer sounds more like Eddie than any other band that most ppl on this board would say is a Pearl Jam ripoff!!

it sounds like 7m3
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Cumbersome is basically the reason these guys are worth noting
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Crazy ...... seen 7m3 many times, no Pearl Jam ripoff. Excellent live band and many underated albums.
  • Options
    They're really good to their fans, too. They just did a 10th anniversary weekend down in Orlando - countless hours of live music, parties, etc.... Wish I could have gone...
  • Options
    great band. "Rock Crown" was great, too bad everything after "Orange Ave" kinda flew under the radar.
  • Options
    Well, I'm just giving my opinion based off what I hear. When I first heard about them I checked them out, and I listened to a few of their songs and thought they were just a Pearl Jam rip-off. That's just me though.

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio