Saw Tool Live last night

a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
edited October 2006 in Other Music
They were really good, I usually don't go for bands with a lot of visual "stuff" but a lot of it worked really well with their music, and they put on an amazing show.

I also thought it was really weird that they took their encore break on stage, they just sat down in front of everyone and chilled for a few minutes.

Definetely go out and see them if you can afford it the rest of their tour. Oh

PS 40 bucks for a t-shirt, 5 for a sticker - come on...
Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I am seeing them for the 4th time friday (garden, meadowlands, city center).
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • I saw them in London in June and i'll be seeing them again in Dublin in November. Absolutely brilliant live band, can't wait.

I got a long sleeve grey shirt at the last gig and it was less than 40 bucks (barely). i think it was £20stg.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I saw them in London in June and i'll be seeing them again in Dublin in November. Absolutely brilliant live band, can't wait.

I got a long sleeve grey shirt at the last gig and it was less than 40 bucks (barely). i think it was £20stg.

Going to see them in Dublin as well. Can't wait, Especially as Mastodon will be supporting them, and they will lend themselves well to the types of fans there.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Binaural wrote:
    Going to see them in Dublin as well. Can't wait, Especially as Mastodon will be supporting them, and they will lend themselves well to the types of fans there.

PEACE

I shall be seeing them in Dublin too... saw them play Novarock in Austria and they were fantastic, so I can't wait to see them again!

And, I missed Mastadon at Leeds so I'm intruiged to see if they're any good!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Jennytree wrote:

They are more then good :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Bloody brilliant they are! Saw them opening for Slayer a few years back and they were amazin,g blew the headliners off the stage imo. Although try telling that to your average Slayer-head...
  • draperdraper Posts: 39
    Saw them two weekends ago in Toronto, once again, they impress me. I only wish(not really) I smoked weed, the visuals are oustanding.
    One is too many and a thousand never enough
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    Isis opened for them on monday and gotta say, they kinda sucked... hard, IMO
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    I've seen them in Amsterdam last June...f*ckin great show. That show was called "An evening with Tool". Only Tool for about 100 minutes...and the visuals, wow!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • a5pj wrote:

will probably be skipping the ISIS show .. what time was on the ticket and what time did tool go on?
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    a5pj wrote:
    too bad you did not dig them. I happen to like Isis a good bit. They are different. I find their melodic post metal sound to be pretty awesome.

for any other fans of isis reading this their new DVD that came out last week is very cool and a must have for any fan :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    will probably be skipping the ISIS show ..
    man.......not a good idea.
  • transplant wrote:
    man.......not a good idea.
    Definitely not. Isis are fantastic, and live they're great too. They'd be a perfect warm-up for Tool too.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Jennytree wrote:
    I shall be seeing them in Dublin too... saw them play Novarock in Austria and they were fantastic, so I can't wait to see them again!

Kick ass. I would kill to hear Bottom, hell basicaly anything off of Undertow, or maybe Jerkoff :D
    Mastadon are fantastic live, very tight band.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Binaural wrote:
    Kick ass. I would kill to hear Bottom, hell basicaly anything off of Undertow, or maybe Jerkoff :D
    Mastadon are fantastic live, very tight band.

PEACE
    They played Sober in london a few months back and it sounded fantastic, especially the way Maynard screamed the 'I want, what I want' bit, instead of just sort of whispering it the way he does on the album.