Are the Melvins worth catching live?

thenaturalstonerthenaturalstoner Posts: 5
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Never seen them, don't know much about them or their music, except that they were some of the originals...

Worth driving 3 hours round trip for?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Never seen them, don't know much about them or their music, except that they were some of the originals...

Worth driving 3 hours round trip for?

YES. Definitely worth it. Go.

Before anyone else says it... shouldn't this be in "Other Music?" ;)
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • no. not worth it.
  • Yes. They are the heaviest band around. Period. If you have sensitive ears, though, bring earplugs, my ears were ringing for at least two days after seeing them with Jello Biafra.
    Jimmy Carter has disco fever.
  • They are loud especially now since they added the guys from Big Business.
  • mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    they are great ! the loudest band at the moment.

if you don't like probably you like to have dicks on your lips, like my friend circle downs
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • YES! They're fantastic live!
  • I just saw them last night, and they blew me the fuck away! Omg the musicianship, the elements, the synchronization, and not to mention the heaviness. Dude, just GO. It will be absolutely incredible on every level.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ooh i'm listening to sweet willy rollbar as we speak. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I've seen 'em 14 times since Houdini first came out. They are worth it.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,333
    if you really like them and have never seen them, then gas up and go. If not, wait for them to play closer or open for another band you may like.

I saw them open for Tomahawk, they were very good. But i'm not that huge of a fan. Personally i wouldn't have driven far to see them headline.
  • Everyone needs to go and buy their new album (A) Senile Animal, it's fantastic. It features two drummers and great vocal harmonies, their catchiest album in years!
    Listen to this: http://www.ipecac.com/sample.php?k=nX6Xn6inmFR6pA==&d=082