Options

Iron Maiden

2»

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,785
    Never saw maiden. Don't know why. They were my favorite band as a kid. Still dig them. Yesterday saw a young dude wearing a number of the beast shirt at Dunkin. We had a nice 10 second chat that ended with 'Eddie Lives' from him!! There is hope for the future!!!!!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,153
    I got to see Iron Maiden in Edmonton about 10 to 12 years ago I think it was.   I love Number of the Beast and Run to the Hills, but to be honest I wasn't that familiar with their catalog.  We went because we're used to living on an Island where we have to skip work, take a ferry, rent a hotel to see a big concern.  In Edmonton it was 10 minute ride on LRT.  Cuts the cost and time down immensely, so it was a no brainer to go.

Really glad I did.  It's fun going to a show where you don't really have a bar in terms of expecting anything, and then the band proceeds to melt your face off.  Good times :)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,007
    Loujoe said:
    Never saw maiden. Don't know why. They were my favorite band as a kid. Still dig them. Yesterday saw a young dude wearing a number of the beast shirt at Dunkin. We had a nice 10 second chat that ended with 'Eddie Lives' from him!! There is hope for the future!!!!!
    Every kid I have met wearing one of their shirts bought it at some damn boutique shop or Target...  Liked the shirt to be trendy.  You gave me hope though!
  • Options
    Bump. Heard new song twice on radio today. Wow and good luck iron maiden!!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,768
    Loujoe said:

new album out today.
    Senjutsu
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,339
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

new album out today.
    Senjutsu
    Senjutsu is amazing!  Been listening several times over the last few days!  Incredible that these guys could make one of their best records this late in their career!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Crazy. Unexpected. I lost touch with maiden after powerslave. Will have to check this one out.
    (Primus sucks!)
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Loujoe said:
    Crazy. Unexpected. I lost touch with maiden after powerslave. Will have to check this one out.
    (Primus sucks!)

looked at "a matter of life and death" after reading about that live one they put out last year.

song" for the greater good of god."

need to check the rest of that album. 2006 release...
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Oh man, I got excited that maybe there were US 2022 tourdates for Iron Maiden, but not yet. All International festivals.  Hopefully in the fall next year?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
  • Options
    hometown show. just might have to look into that.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    hometown show. I'm fucking going!
    Fixed.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Fixed.
    I'd be going with an old friend. One now sober like me, but back then ooof.

We saw them on the seventh son tour I think?

would be a vastly different experience for sure.

• Options
    Eddie lives
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Fixed.

I goddamn LOVE Seventh Son of a Seventh Son! Took a while for some folks to absorb what they were doing with the synths, but I remember loving it as soon as I dropped the needle on "Moonchild."

All the spectacle aside, they are just an amazing live band.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Love the little GnR nod before the breakdown. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Fixed.

I goddamn LOVE Seventh Son of a Seventh Son! Took a while for some folks to absorb what they were doing with the synths, but I remember loving it as soon as I dropped the needle on "Moonchild."

might have been somewhere in time. killed most of my brain cells so things are a little fuzzy.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Fixed.

might have been somewhere in time. killed most of my brain cells so things are a little fuzzy.
    My first chance was the No Prayer for the Dying tour, with Anthrax opening at the USF Sun Dome, but then the show was canceled. No makeup date was ever announced. I'm still bummed about it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Fixed.

My first chance was the No Prayer for the Dying tour, with Anthrax opening at the USF Sun Dome, but then the show was canceled. No makeup date was ever announced. I'm still bummed about it.

do remember tripping balls though.

a little freaky seeing the backdrop sway from the stage fans during ryme

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,431
    I first saw Maiden in 1981 when they opened for UFO and have seen them a bunch of times ever since.  It seems as if they rotate the focus on their tours......one tour will focus on the newest album, and the next one usually focuses on their back catalog.  This new tour seems to be a hybrid of both, since they are calling it the legacy of the beast tour, but also have a new album out.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I first saw Maiden in 1981 when they opened for UFO and have seen them a bunch of times ever since.  It seems as if they rotate the focus on their tours......one tour will focus on the newest album, and the next one usually focuses on their back catalog.  This new tour seems to be a hybrid of both, since they are calling it the legacy of the beast tour, but also have a new album out.
    Yeah, this part actually kind of sucks. Senjutsu deserves its own tour, but another Legacy tour will sell more tickets, which likely takes precedent right now—times being what they are. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Fixed.

The Clairvoyant is amazing on that album.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Yes, they tour for the new album then following tour is a best of.

81? Did you catch Di'anno at the end of his tenure?
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,502
    My first concert was a "Day on the Green" at Oakland Coliseum in 1982. Iron Maiden touring for Number of the Beast, Scorpions touring for Blackout, Loverboy and Foreigner touring for 4. It was a great concert, except for Foreigner, they sucked big time. Surprisingly Loverboy was actually pretty good. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Yep....saw them 2x with Dianno.   Back then, "Eddie" was just a dude wearing a mask and a leather biker jacket!
  • Options
    My first concert was a "Day on the Green" at Oakland Coliseum in 1982. Iron Maiden touring for Number of the Beast, Scorpions touring for Blackout, Loverboy and Foreigner touring for 4. It was a great concert, except for Foreigner, they sucked big time. Surprisingly Loverboy was actually pretty good. 
    I saw the same show in Anaheim.  We left after the Scorpions!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Yep....saw them 2x with Dianno.   Back then, "Eddie" was just a dude wearing a mask and a leather biker jacket!
    I've seen some footage of him with the band.  man that looked like a lot of fun.  Good for you in seeing them all the way back then!

I was 9 in 84 when I first heard killers.  I was blown away at the vocal theatrics Di'anno was doing.  Then my cousins played me Number of the beast and I was sold...  I couldn't decide whom I liked better on vocals though, him or Dickinson. B)