nirvana "unplugged" coming to dvd

sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
edited October 2007 in Other Music
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily

10/4/07, 10:48 am EST

Nirvana’s “Unplugged” Coming to DVD for First Time

Nirvana’s legendary Unplugged In New York performance will be released on DVD November 20th. The concert, which took place November 18th, 1993, was released as an audio recording a year after it was filmed, but this DVD features an unedited sixty-six-minute concert that includes stage banter and two songs not aired on the original MTV Unplugged broadcast. Additional special features include previously unreleased rehearsal and documentary footage.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    cool! :D
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Awesome.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    sweet
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Rad.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    gnarly !!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • All that petitioning for Pearl Jam's Unplugged to be released and we get Nirvana?! Fuck me! That's cool news though :) I love that performance almost as much as Pearl Jam's.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    danny72688 wrote:
    All that petitioning for Pearl Jam's Unplugged to be released and we get Nirvana?! Fuck me! That's cool news though :) I love that performance almost as much as Pearl Jam's.

Am I alone in thinking the Pearl Jam unplugged was a trainwreck? They got it right the second time around w/ Benaroya.
  • Am I alone in thinking the Pearl Jam unplugged was a trainwreck? They got it right the second time around w/ Benaroya.
    I don't think you're alone. I'm just a disgruntled Unplugged fan bitter at MTV ;)
    I personally loved how everything translated down to acoustics especially SOLAT!

We need Benaroya too! :) But I'll leave that to someone else.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Am I alone in thinking the Pearl Jam unplugged was a trainwreck? They got it right the second time around w/ Benaroya.

Yes you are Alone
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Well i got Bena of dvd and its nice quality
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I BrisK I wrote:

que?
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Good news.... its only been 14 years already, surprised it took them this long.

Courtney Love must be feeling short on cash. (that was a joke for all you CL lovers, although their aint many)

Ive seen most of the unedited stuff on youtube but ill still be buying this, i cant get enough of 'Where Did You Sleep Last Night?'.
  • Cool I love and I miss Nirvana so
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    I BrisK I wrote:

hey, are you kidding or what??? I really would like to see that performance however I had no idea it was filmed actually...!

BTW

Has that old ugly slut already fucked up those heavy dollarmillions or what???
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • It's about time. That performance has always felt like a wake/ memorial service. I don't think I'll have the courage to revisit that anytime soon, but it's good to know it's available whenever I am up for it.
    I'll alway love you, Kurt.
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430

Trainwreck is too strong a word, but yeah it's a bit underwhelming.
  • About fucking time.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    One of my favourite CDs of all time. Can't wait to watch it in full.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Brrrrrrrrrilliant

Best live album ever now on dvd, cant get much better than that
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    *doing the snoopy dance. * :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    I have it on a homemade DVD for long months. That version is uncut and the sound is powered by the cd. Pretty good actually but obviously really look forward to get the official one!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I have Benaroya on 2 DVD. Its an audience shot.. but its still nice