this song fucking rocks.

fuckin' hypocrites!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• this song fucking rocks.

fuckin' hypocrites!

Agreed.
  • thank you.

its late, i'm drinking vodka on the rocks, listening to the new tool and playing some online poker. its raining pretty hard in santa barbara.

its all good.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    this song fucking rocks.

fuckin' hypocrites!

amazing tune...even better live! Hope you guys got to see them this tour because it was life changing!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • foot in mouth
    and head up asshole
    whatchatalkinbout?
  • Instantly my favorite Tool song, and not just on 10 000 days. Anyone who doesn't think Maynard can sing should listen to the song.
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • reditalian wrote:
    Instantly my favorite Tool song, and not just on 10 000 days. Anyone who doesn't think Maynard can sing should listen to the song.

whoever thinks maynard can't sing needs their head checked.

whatchatalkinbout?
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    jambi is another one that is just brilliant!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • whoever thinks maynard can't sing needs their head checked.

whatchatalkinbout?

He is definately one of the best singers ever.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Great tune to hear live...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Dig 10,000 days, but it's well past time for Tool to take the next step in their evolution as a band. I don't want them to become the prog version of Aerosmith. 10,000 days was awesome, but very much like Lateralus, which was different than Aenema, which was different than Undertow, which was different than Opiate.

For now, I am content to feel like 10,000 days could have been a double album with Lateralus...at least from the sonic perspective. I never count those guys out because they're extremely talented. If the next album sounds like Lateralus III, I might have to jump ship.
  • Rosetta Stoned is an example of why Keenan is a genius.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    i just love the quasi-acapella intro to the song. indeed, the man is a fantastic singer.
    Live Free or Die!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Rosetta Stoned is an example of why Keenan is a genius.
    true. how some people are content to churn out 3 chord pop-punk songs when Maynard and the rest of Tool are creating songs like that I don't know.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • whoever thinks maynard can't sing needs their head checked.

whatchatalkinbout?

I couldn't agree more but there are people who always make comments when I put TOOL on during a party.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I didn't think it was Maynard singing the start of that... it really is a great song though! I'm liking the new album having heard most of it live twice now :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    yeah i cant get enougth of this song after seeing them at the MEN arena

i cant believe that someone has posted a vid on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnNEGz9IVUE&mode=related&search=
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    how the hell did they get away with recording that?! Every camera was taken off on the way in, in Dublin!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I didn't think it was maynard the first time I heard it but it def is.....superb :D Guess whats goin on in the car on the way home :D
    I need a coffee!
  • anyone have any good Tool bootlegs they can post?
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Again - TOOL fucking rocks!! One of the best just a little below Pearl Jam...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    rosetta stoned = maynard on acid = amazing song that couldn't be done better by any other band
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • great song. i have never felt this way about an album but i want to listen to 10,000 days almost every single day. the more i listen the more im pulled into it. the album is just amazing. im like that with pearl jam, but on a much longer time period. with 10k days, i like it that much more every listen. but mainly with the album as a whole. not for each individual song. if 10k days wasnt in the track order it is, it could quite possibly be pretty bad. as awhole 10,000 days=flawless. individually= what the fuck is this?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    3sheets wrote:
    i just love the quasi-acapella intro to the song. indeed, the man is a fantastic singer.

'who are ...'

this is all i needed to hear when i first heard this song to know it had me. i was like.... ooh maynard...yeah!!! brilliant.

42 days until i see TOOL in sydney
    49 days until i see TOOL in melbourne.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • rosetta stoned = maynard on acid = amazing song that couldn't be done better by any other band

I agree!
    I think that's why there's not a lot of TOOL tribute bands, it's to hard to capture Maynards thoughts and emotions while he's playing. Not to mention how unbelievably talented the band is.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS