seeing beastie boys tonight at the sb bowl

sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
edited August 2007 in Other Music
and we all know mike d. is the most illinest b-boy.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    that's gonna be a party! Have fun!
    "It's all happening"
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    that's gonna be a party! Have fun!

thanks, i'm heading out for a few beers right now.

i'll let you know what i thought of it tomorrow, i've never seen the b-boys live.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    that crackerbox is still standing?
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    ooooh, fun! i saw a beastie boys laser show when i was in college, but i have a feeling it's not quite the same. :p
    it was a great show. they definitely put on a good show and played most of their hits.

most shows at the bowl are pretty good no matter who is playing.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Seein them next weekend at the Electric Picnic. It's gonna be off the chain.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    I saw em in central park a couple weeks ago

much better than I thought, although too many instrumentals broke up the energy from the good rap tunes

Well worth it to hear skills to pay the bills
    Seein them next weekend at the Electric Picnic. It's gonna be off the chain.

have fun, they were great live.
    Get_Right wrote:
    I saw em in central park a couple weeks ago

much better than I thought, although too many instrumentals broke up the energy from the good rap tunes

Well worth it to hear skills to pay the bills

yeah, thats a good point. i thought so too.
    is there new album all instrumental? i thought i heard that somewhere.
  • I was front row center last night and it was seriously one of the best shows I've been to. To bad I whiffed on a high five to Mike D when he was leaving the stage after the main set. I'm that guy!!!!

Another thing I was starting to get squished at the front during Intergalactic but I'm a big guy so I pushed back the crowd with my big butt. All of a sudden this dude taps me on the soldier and says watch it because there is a pregnant lady behind me. I was like oh i'm sorry. Then I thought about for a second and I was like dude get her out of the pit you moron. Seriously some people like proving darwin's theory.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • yeah, thats a good point. i thought so too.

It is all instrumental but from what I could tell they only played 2 or 3 new ones. Most of the Instrumentals were from Check Your Head and Ill Communication which was awesome imo. I think there were 7 or 8 instrumentals in total but they opened with 2 so I didn't mind it that much. And from where I was the break was necessary.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
    I was front row center last night and it was seriously one of the best shows I've been to. To bad I whiffed on a high five to Mike D when he was leaving the stage after the main set. I'm that guy!!!!

Another thing I was starting to get squished at the front during Intergalactic but I'm a big guy so I pushed back the crowd with my big butt. All of a sudden this dude taps me on the soldier and says watch it because there is a pregnant lady behind me. I was like oh i'm sorry. Then I thought about for a second and I was like dude get her out of the pit you moron. Seriously some people like proving darwin's theory.

nice, hopefully you'll get another shot to high five mike d.

getting a beer last night was ridiculous, you really had to 'fight for your right...to party'.

sorry, i couldn't help myself.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    yeah, thats a good point. i thought so too.

yes
    all instrumental

Its ok, nothing special, but a nice listen once in awhile

just when the place was jumping they toned it down with the lounge tunes. I liked it better when they just did a bunch of instrumentals in the middle of the set rather than after every few songs

still a lot of fun

do the weave baby!

By the way AD rock is the illest MFer from here to gardenia