Options

Bonnaroo download now July 15!

TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
edited July 2008 in The Porch
What's up with this? I hope the Camden shows meet the deadline or I'm going to be one pissed-off dude.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Where did you see this? This is getting ridiculous!
  • Options
    tenforthewintenforthewin Posts: 177
    Over a month to get a boot? I hope it's the most wonderful thing I've ever heard in my life after the wait. oh well
    Bonnaroo '08
  • Options
    TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    On the brown pop-up screen in the profile when I clicked on "download not yet available."
  • Options
    WOW!

Just checked too... July 15. They are waiting until all of the other shows are out I gather for some reason. Maybe they feel Bonnaroo will sell the best or something and want to push it back until all the other ones are released to drive us absolutely insane!?
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Nice birthday present for me since my 34th is July 15th :)
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    unbelievable!

well, atleast now I won't log in from work every ten minutes to see if it is ready to download.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    well, even though it is postponed, at least we are getting bootlegs
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Either this is going to be a retail release or it has something to do with Bonnaroo people, maybe coordinating with a big release of shows from the fest. I know Bonnaroo sells downloads every show.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    have any of the shows following Bonnaroo been released yet? I'm just wondering because people have said the quality of the boots weren't that great...maybe they're just trying to improve the rest?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    well, even though it is postponed, at least we are getting bootlegs
    bingo
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    The Bonnaroo Download is still TBA. 7/15 is an arbitrary date. All who purchase will receive an email when it's ready to go.
    slh

Ok cool. So maybe there's hope for something sooner!
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    VedderBlueVedderBlue Posts: 40
    15th is my Birthday as well so its as good a date as any. Hopefully they get them sounding a bit better.

Here is to hoping!
    45 Shows & Counting!!!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    this is ridiculous. Werent the downloadable boots from the 06 tour available ONE DAY after the show?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    This is reminding me of Kanye's set at Bonnaroo. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Is it really THAT big of a deal?

No offense to any of you but reading this stuff makes some of you seem like the most impatient people I've ever encountered.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    What's up with this? I hope the Camden shows meet the deadline or I'm going to be one pissed-off dude.

deadline?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    scbrancascbranca Posts: 6
    the digital downloads/bootlegs/what have you were available in a raw form almost hours after the show was completed (forget which tour)...granted it was rough on the ears but it was still something to listen to. the official "bootleg" was usually ready the next day or two. so what the H is the problem w/getting this show out to the people? just curious and nobody seems to know which is really irritating. its the lack of response that i think is ticking everyone off.

also...FLAC files are the way to go. there is a reason you pay an extra $5 to upgrade from mp3's...and it isnt that hard to figure out the whole FLAC process either...
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452
    Someone please bookmark this thread and then be sure to post a link to it a couple of years from now when people are wondering why the band isn't doing bootlegs on their next tour.

The sense of entitlement around here is ridiculous.... relax.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    On2Legs wrote:
    Someone please bookmark this thread and then be sure to post a link to it a couple of years from now when people are wondering why the band isn't doing bootlegs on their next tour.

The ONLY thing about the complaining that I can see be justified are the people who already purchased this bootleg through pre-order. The pre-order gives a date and it appears that the date they bought the bootleg for will now be two weeks later. Still it's not big of a deal, and there's nothing you can do about it. It's best to just take it in stride but for the people who already paid money (the bill for this might already come in before the boot is available) they are entitled to it.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    petrocs wrote:
    Nice birthday present for me since my 34th is July 15th :)

Turn 25 the 15th. Gonna be a great one
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    WOW!

Just checked too... July 15. They are waiting until all of the other shows are out I gather for some reason. Maybe they feel Bonnaroo will sell the best or something and want to push it back until all the other ones are released to drive us absolutely insane!?

I think this post is on to something. My plan was to get Bonnaroo and DC, maybe MSG 1, and just hang with those for a while and get a few more during a second wave. When they delayed it the first time I went ahead and bought Tampa and WPB which was never the plan. They know what they're doing with timing this thing I think. If they want to maximize their profits with this whole deal anything less than a pristine sounding bootleg will be a major disappointment.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    On2Legs wrote:

I hate when people throw around the word entitlement like this. They really aren't doing us that big of a favor. Its for sale and someone is making money. They want to do this. I'm trying to be a sporty guy by paying for them when I don't really need to.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    I am content with the date set and TenC was really kind and spoke to me and responded to me. I do not mind waiting at all. Confirmation has been made. I have yet to complain about this. I have stated my thoughts about the hold up but am in no way pissed or even bothered by this at all. I try not to set expectations to high on things from others when there is little to bench mark it on. I am just happy that the band and TenC are releasing boots. I think this new model is working for them and I hope they continue to do so for future shows.
  • Options
    very possible this delay could be due to legal issues with bonaroo. if i had to bet, my $ would be on that reason
  • Options
    very possible this delay could be due to legal issues with bonaroo. if i had to bet, my $ would be on that reason

My assumptions were either it is venue related or tedhnical issues with the recordings. Either way, I am sure that we will all be pleased with the outcome.
  • Options
    MotorHeadMotorHead Posts: 50
    deadline?

Camden stills shows July 2.