Kid Rock?

Boom The CatBoom The Cat Posts: 482
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Yeah, alot of people want me to get some kid rock stuff and I dont know if I can really be bothered or anything so what do you think of him/his music? Is it worth getting?
no matter where you go,
there you are.

- brain of c
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Yeah, alot of people want me to get some kid rock stuff and I dont know if I can really be bothered or anything so what do you think of him/his music? Is it worth getting?

in a word, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Yeah, alot of people want me to get some kid rock stuff and I dont know if I can really be bothered or anything so what do you think of him/his music? Is it worth getting?

Not my cup of tea.

If you've been able to avoid his work up 'til now, there's no good that will come from subjecting yourself to it at this point.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    devil without a cause was an album I loved. Of course, I was 14. I don't know how well it will age.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • don't do it!
  • Yeah, alot of people want me to get some kid rock stuff and I dont know if I can really be bothered or anything so what do you think of him/his music? Is it worth getting?

are you serious?
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    he´s a totally loser...i prefer korn and linkin park than Kid Shitty Rock, oh i forgot he still got pam anderson....
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    you prefer shitty bands then
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    Get his newest cd, "Live Trucker", has most of his good/popular songs on it. Saw him open for Aerosmith and I was amazed, puts on a hell of a show.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    kid rock sucks. the only thing he has going for him is pam. therefore even though he sucks he has a lot going for him.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • I'll avoid him then, I thought Tommy Lee had Pam?
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'll avoid him then, I thought Tommy Lee had Pam?
    she switched sleaze balls.

I agree with most others kid rock is not worth your money.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Its another of those dead pan humor threads isnt it?
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy

(Get Ready)
    My name is KIIIIIIIIIIIID...Kid Rock

i still like this song...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Its another of those dead pan humor threads isnt it?

I don't think so - he's only 15 or so. Boom the Cat, my son, save your money and listen to more Pearl Jam.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    JaneNY wrote:
    I don't think so - he's only 15 or so. Boom the Cat, my son, save your money and listen to more Pearl Jam.

Oh OK, listen to whatever you want dude, when I was your age I went through a "Bon Jovi" phase it lasted a year or so I ended up with four albums, if you buy some you can always sell it on when you realize you dont like it.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I say get a CD. Then if you like it you can state later you think it sucks and blame the fact you were only 15 at the time........

From everything I have heard, he does put on a great live show. His respect for his peers is practically unmatched. A friend of mine burned me a couple CD's. Don't listen to them much, I don't hate them, I can use a good Hee Haw Motherfucker on occasion however when he plays them I get a kick out of how much he likes it. Hey, you can't help what you like.

He seems like a cool guy to me.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH KID ROCK. DONT LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE!!! :D IM A HUUUUUUUGE KID ROCK FAN AND HAVE BEEN FOR A WHILE. HENCE MY NAME. :D HIS SHOWS ARE ALWAYS ROCKIN AND THE MAN WORKS HARD. GET SOME OF HIS STUFF........
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Devil Without a Cause had good songs, but that's about it for me.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • doogdoog Posts: 59
    Here's a funny, PJ related, Kid Rock story:

A month or so ago, KR was being interviewed on WRIF in Detroit. Drew and Mike (morning show hosts) were asking KR about hanging out w/ other musicians when they come to Detroit. KR told a funny story about how Billy Gibbons (from ZZ TOP) happened to be in Detroit the same week PJ was there in 2003. KR said he and Billy Gibbons went to the PJ concert together and were watching the show and partying back stage. After an encore, BG decides he's going to walk out on stage to get the crowd fired up. KR said he tried to talk BG out of going out on stage, but BG decided to go for it.

The whole time KR was telling this story, i was thinking to myself, "I thought i remember seeing BG on LATG at some point." KR went on to say that the video of BG going on stage made PJ's DVD.

When i got home that day, i investigated, and sure enough, BG is on LATG DVD. If you go to the bonus features and watch Fortunate Son, BG is shown at the beginning of the track.

When asked how Eddie reacted to this, KR said the PJ guys took it pretty well and they all had a good laugh......

(that's my kid rock story......)
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    I used to own Devil Without a Cause in my senior year of high school when Batwitdaba came out. I have repented ever since. He's just a lame David Lee Roth wannabe.