Options

I Know You Guys Don't Like Creed, But...

Boom The CatBoom The Cat Posts: 482
edited March 2006 in Other Music
What do you think of My Sacrifice, its not new, I know, but its real good song, what do you folks think of it?
no matter where you go,
there you are.

- brain of c
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    i'm not sure which one that is...but as far as I know...so far, every Creed song i've heard so far has really made me cringe.

Is it just me, or do so many mainstream bands that are out these days just not have any substance to their music?
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    Sorry but I haven't touched that band with a 10 foot pole since i was duped into buying human clay
    Her?
  • Options
    Is it just me or has music in general taken a turn for the worse? I remember Eddie once mentioning that what he feared about the ticketmaster loss was not the increase in ticket prices, but rather how ticketmaster was gonna use its power and influence to shape the music of the future.

The stuff today seems to be so commercial...without any true meaning other than money. Can someone please inform me about a few bands out right now that are makin music for the sake of music rather than making music for the sake of money and pussy?
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

• Options
    I definitely agree with you in thinking that music has taken a turn for the worse. To me, it seems like its getting harder and harder to find new music that can be considered a real form of expression and art. I dont really know of that many brand new bands that would fit your criteria, but I do know that The Eels are still going, and lemme tell you that man is most definitely in it for the right reasons. If you haven't heard 'em, go for it.
    Her?
  • Options
    Yeah, I'll make sure to check it out.

And then there's always guys like Ben Harper and Jack Johnson who seem to be making music for the right reasons (Ben Harper at least). All this time I've been skeptical of Jack Johnson because of how popular he is amongst my peers...but I've heard a few of his songs, I've gotta say...I kinda dig it.

• Options
    Yeah some of my friends give Jack Johnson a ton of shit about being fake, too commercial, etc. but I've seen him twice, and all I know is that's one of the best possible ways to spend a hot summer night.
    Her?
  • Options
    I'm one of those people who doesnt care if the music is popular or mainstream, I dont go for mainstream stuff (see: pearl jam) If I hear something that I like, then I like it. It hasn't bothered me if its too commercial, Ive always known that I'm not someone who just goes for popular music.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    Just the fact that its "mainstream" isnt really a reason for me not to like something either. For example, Green Day was my first favorite band and when American Idiot came out and exploded i continued to listen to and like it. The problem is when an "artist" makes music for the sole purpose of selling as many copies as possible without any other considerations. Usually to do that, the music loses all real meaning and just becomes a gimmick to sell copies and then be forgotton
    Her?
  • Options
    I'm one of those people who doesnt care if the music is popular or mainstream, I dont go for mainstream stuff (see: pearl jam) If I hear something that I like, then I like it. It hasn't bothered me if its too commercial, Ive always known that I'm not someone who just goes for popular music.

Oh, I'm not saying that I dislike stuff because it's mainstream....I'm just commenting on how the majority of the mainstream stuff now is just absolutely horrible. Well, in my opinion at least.

• Options
    lefanlefan Posts: 9
    abhi101cru wrote:
    i'm not sure which one that is...but as far as I know...so far, every Creed song i've heard so far has really made me cringe.

Is it just me, or do so many mainstream bands that are out these days just not have any substance to their music?

Yeah, ok....and Pearl Jam aren't mainstream right??
    A F'n proud, drunk (90% of the time) French Canadian.
  • Options
    lefan wrote:
    Yeah, ok....and Pearl Jam aren't mainstream right??

ok sorry...."NEWER mainstream bands"

and pearl jam isn't really all that mainstream anymore.

• Options
    The problem with music today is that record companies are afraid to take a chance on bands that sound different. They are always looking for the band that sounds like the current top 40 hits. Thats why when you turn on the radio, all these bands sound the fuking same as the last one. Since these big corporations that own like 90% of the radiostations (Clear Channel) are in cahoots with the record companies, DJ aren't allowed to have the balls to play what they want. They play what the record companies want them to play. Satellite radio is a great idea that side steps alot of this BS. But, fuk, I don't want to have to pay $$ to listen to good radio. I really shoultn't have to. But, it dopesn't look like change is a commin any time soon.

Record sales have been down for a few years now. They will blame this on file sharing, which is half true. The reality of the situation is the people are fed up with inflated prices and subpar quality of popular music. So, people have been turning to P2P to discover new music. I keep hoping the time is right for another musical reneissance, but then I realize that the time has been right for a long time now, and the only thing to ever get excited about are bands from a different era...
    www.myspace.com/sharkie002
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I don't have a problem with artists that go mainstream if they are actually artists. There are a few good bands that get occasional radio play. If a band is in the main stream and I think they are good, it makes no difference to me. It's the songs by people who don't write there own songs, play any instruments and have nothing to sell but a hollow catchy tune I can't stand. Granted, some may have exceptionally nice voices, but a lot of people do, they all just don't have the exceptionally nice bodies to match. These people are only performers, nothing more, they should certainly not be encouraged. I am not saying I automatically like all bands because they write their own shit, that would be rediculous, but while a Good Charlotte song may be eqally as bad as a Britney Spears song, at the least the Good Charlotte is getting credit for something they worked on and created. Even if it is god awful, emotionless, worthless crap.

As for the Creed song. My Sacrifice features top notch guitar playing centered around a cheap empty melody sung by a total doinker.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    jessiejessie Posts: 14
    i like my sacrafice. also a couple others by them,granted not that many, but there is a few.
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    jessie wrote:
    i like my sacrafice. also a couple others by them,granted not that many, but there is a few.

my sacrifice isn't that bad. two other songs by creed that i dig are 'what if' and 'are you ready'.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    The music behind Creed is not bad however Scott Stapp is a flaming vagina. There was one song on the last album I really dug, like the first song on it, but Human Clay was mostly crap and I never listened to the first one.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Alter Bridge (which has the guitarist, bassist and drummer from Creed) piss all over Creed, the new singer, Myles Kennedy, has an amazing voice, quite the improvement from Stapp who couldn't sing for shit. And for what it's worth, I think My Sacrifice is the most ridiculous self-aggrandizing piece of shit I've ever heard.
  • Options
    bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    I would rather be analy penetrated by a fork lift than listen to Creed.
  • Options
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    I would rather be analy penetrated by a fork lift than listen to Creed.

hahaha...now thats funny :)

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........PEARL JAM ROCKS....who is creed? lol

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Creed had one good CD, where most if not all the songs on it were appealing. That CD would be their first. My Own Prison. Everything after that CD, except for maybe "Don't Stop Dancing" is shit. That's all there is to it. Creed blows ass.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    What do you think of My Sacrifice, its not new, I know, but its real good song, what do you folks think of it?
    the song sucks and the band sucks
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    abhi101cru wrote:
    Is it just me or has music in general taken a turn for the worse? I remember Eddie once mentioning that what he feared about the ticketmaster loss was not the increase in ticket prices, but rather how ticketmaster was gonna use its power and influence to shape the music of the future.

The stuff today seems to be so commercial...without any true meaning other than money. Can someone please inform me about a few bands out right now that are makin music for the sake of music rather than making music for the sake of money and pussy?

Try an Aussie band called Something For Kate, with about 5 albums under there belt they are well established Aussie rockers, with great lyrics, and even better live shows, give them a go, there last Album, The Official Fiction, is gold,
    Cheers
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208

reminds me too much of scott's "im jesus christ" complex. the guy acts like he's the second fucking coming.

for the guy looking for real honest music for the sake of music... wilco is great. im also getting into my morning jacket.
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I like(d) two songs on Human Clay, cant remember what they're called cause i havent heard it in years. The rest i find a little bit basic and samey.
  • Options
    Try an Aussie band called Something For Kate, with about 5 albums under there belt they are well established Aussie rockers, with great lyrics, and even better live shows, give them a go, there last Album, The Official Fiction, is gold,
    Cheers

yeah, i'll make sure to check 'em out, thanks for the heads up.

• Options
    The problem with Creed is that once you've heard one song, you've heard them all...
    www.myspace.com/sharkie002
  • Options
    stephduhstephduh Posts: 13
    Ha I completely agree, I really couldnt tell one song for another. And Im also not going to lie, I saw Creed live, I know I know, But it was quite an interesting experience. Stapp paraded around the stage with his guitar slung over his sholder, I think I remeber him playing maybe one part on one song.But basically it was made up of him trying to stay somewhere around where his vocals were supposed to br.

Has anyone seen Stapps new album being released?From the commericals it jsut loks like a compolation of Creed crap, which I dont understand how he can release as his own album.

Oh well.