Songs That Make You FEEL.

Boom The CatBoom The Cat Posts: 482
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Yeah, whether they fill you with desire, make your heart soar, empower you and fill you with confidence, or deeply touch you in times of serious trouble. There is a few songs we all love as favourites, and there are songs that you hold so dear to you because they reach out and grab you in such a way. Whatever those songs are, share them. Mabye you can help someone feel the same way. And let us know what each song makes you feel. :)
no matter where you go,
there you are.

- brain of c
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I think the most contented I have ever been in my life was summer 2006. everything was just simple and how I wanted it. At that time I first heard Celebrated Summer by Husker Du and it just sounded so amazing. Even though I think the lyrics are quite sad and wistful, the sound of the song is just so uplifting and it just takes me back to that celebrated summer of mine.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Dog LoyalDog Loyal Posts: 336
    Yeah, whether they fill you with desire, make your heart soar, empower you and fill you with confidence, or deeply touch you in times of serious trouble. There is a few songs we all love as favourites, and there are songs that you hold so dear to you because they reach out and grab you in such a way. Whatever those songs are, share them. Mabye you can help someone feel the same way. And let us know what each song makes you feel. :)

Cold Water - Damien Rice, O. Devastated (Two people I knew committed suicide within one weekof eachother in 2005. That song puts me back there.)

Slaves & Bulldozers - Soundgarden, Badmotorfinger. Empowered.

Pigs on the Wing - Pink Floyd, Animals. Connected.

I'm One - The Who, Quadrophenia. Hopeful.
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Times of Trouble- Temple of the Dog -gets me right in the gut
    Jesus Etc- Wilco- Makes me Happy I want to sit back and relax drink a cold one
    TV on the Radio- Staring at the Sun- Kinda similar to the above
    High Hopes- Pink Floyd- gives me chills
    Alone- Dinosaur JR- again like being punched in the gut brings out that good agony
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Sarah Harmer - Lodestar....this song gives me chills everytime I hear it. The song takes me places - out on the lake, surrounded by the darkness and silence. A completely beautiful and incredible piece of music. Another poster (with impeccable taste in music) on this board described it as "songwriting perfection". If you don't know this tune already, you should all check it out.
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Anna Begins by the Counting Crows really helped me through a tough time with my girlfriend at the time...made me realize how much i loved her...we've been married for almost 5 years now :)
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Alone - Pearl Jam
    Undo - Bjork
    Love Song - Cure
    Born to Run - BRUUUUUUUCE
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    chumbawumba - tub thumping...

it makes me feel like jumping off a building.
  • bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    let down- radiohead

sad and inspirational at the same time
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free