Your Own Music Marathons

Boom The CatBoom The Cat Posts: 482
edited May 2008 in Other Music
I can't be the only person who does this. Do you ever plan ahead to have a music marathon of your own? One that goes on for a whole day? Today I'm going to start with some classic PJ, Soundgarden, AIC, Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, slowly work that into some of PJs non-Ten stuff (Yield, No Code, Vs, Binaural and Avocado) sneakily merge that in with some Who, which will blend into some classic rock (Boston, Grand Funk Railroad, etc.) Then merge THAT into southern rock (Black Crowes, Skynyrd, CCR (yeah I know), Charlie Daniels Band, CSNY) and then by that time it'll be night time and I can put on some laid back bluegrass country stuff and kick back with a beer :D

Anyone else got one going or ever done this before?
no matter where you go,
there you are.

- brain of c
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I had yesterday off from work so I decided to have a day of artistic appreciation. I listened to a number of albums, watched a concert DVD and read a play while listening to some more music. Not exactly a marathon, but it was nice to spend some time enjoying the things I love most.

My music selection consisted of Miles Davis, Clark Terry, Beth Orton, Wilco, Kathleen Edwards, Into the Wild soundtrack, Fleet Foxes and Grizzly Bear. The play was Beckett's Waiting for Godot.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Yesterday I listened to a 2.6 hour long album so that was a marathon in itself. A tiring but thrilly and truly unique marathon.

And @ Soclose, Waiting for Godot is brilliant. Good choice of reading material :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I have them sometimes. Actually these past days i've been listening to nothing but soundgarden from Louder than love to DOTU. I was trying to do it in one day but work and hangin out with friends get in the way alot. I'm currently listening to Tighter & Tighter.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I don't necessarily plan it, but it will happen kind of impromptu if I'm doing a long car drive. A drive to Philly and I can pretty much make it through the whole NIN catalog (though with his recent prolificness, that's getting harder), or a decent set of PJ boots.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008