Interpol

european faneuropean fan Posts: 33
edited March 2007 in Other Music
i've just discovered this band, listenning to "antics" all the time.
wouldn't it be great if they opened for pj? much better than mmj (in my opinion).
Marseille 09/09/06, Paris 11/09/06,wembley 18/06/07, werchter 07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I love interpol, think they have a new album out this year, and they are playing at the t in the park festival that im going to in the summer.

Antics is a great album but Turn On the Bright Lights is amazing in my opionion, prefer that album to be honest.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    can't wait for interpol's new album. i believe its due in june/july. saw them live when they toured antics (with bloc party supporting) and they are fantastic live too!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    i've just discovered this band, listenning to "antics" all the time.
    wouldn't it be great if they opened for pj? much better than mmj (in my opinion).
    I don't think many bands, including Interpol, have anything over MMJ (2 HOB shows and my mind is still blown), but then Interpol is a different sort of band in my eyes.

Love their sound, love the fixation with hair and redheads (a bend of his, I guess), and love the healthy rhythm section.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i like the editors better.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    i like the editors better.

Are they similar? Because I like the Editors. But I have not heard any interpol yet and I would like to know the sound a bit.
    Cock Fight.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Glad you are getting into the band. I have not listened to their stuff in a while. If you enjoyed antics get Turn on the Bright Lights i thought it was better.

Also them and the editors have a similar sound, but they both sound like Joy Division to me :)

As for the MMJ comment i'll have to disagree i think MMJ is one of the best openers PJ ever picked. I'm just sad they did not come to my neck of the woods so i did not see them.

Interpol would be a fun opener though. I've seen them 3 times and they were good each time.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Tek Money wrote:
    Are they similar? Because I like the Editors. But I have not heard any interpol yet and I would like to know the sound a bit.
    Fairly similar although Interpol has a deeper and more present rhythm section and, lyrically, Interpol is a bit more pedantic. You get the feeling that those gents have read a few books in their time.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace