Options

New Killers Album Anyone?

2»

Comments

• Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    What the hell is with the sax? It dates the songs by about 20 years, and not in a good way. Only a few bands can get away with using a sax, and The Killers aren't one of them.

Very dissapointed with the album. Loved Hot Fuss and Sams Town as well.

Honestly, I think Hot Fuss is one of the greatest debuts of 00 and maybe of all time. It's got some timeless songs on there.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I like the album a lot. The only track I'm not fond of is "The World We Live In." The 80s feel to it is different than the 80s vibe a lot of their other songs have. This one is more along the lines of a 70s rocker going solo and trying to keep up with synths being added to music back then (like something Robert Plant would've put out around the time of "The Principle of the Moments" or something one of the Eagles would've done after they broke up). The other 80s-influenced stuff is usually faster-paced and has more energy to it. That song is just a little too slow and repetitive fore me.

The rest of the album is excellent, though. The last track is done perfectly. It's about the bass player's mother dying (Brandon' Flowers's mother also has cancer, so that played into it, too but I think "A Dustland Fairytale" is his take on his mom's life more than "Goodnight, Travel Well"). "Losing Touch," "Spaceman," and "A Dustland Fairytale" are probably my 3 favorite songs on the album right now.
    yeah, "Goodnight, Travel Well" is probably my favorite track on the new album. "A Dustland Fairytale" is solid too. Spaceman, Neon Tiger, Losing Touch, A Crushing Blow, Tidal Wave (man, this one gets stuck in my head just as easily as Human) and Joy Ride are all awesome. there are a few bum tracks here but overall it's a good record.