Options

"Crown of Thorns" and "Gentle Groove" by Mother Love Bone

LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
edited February 2006 in Other Music
MLB has surprised me again and again with how great some of their songs are but these two just hit me so hard. Very deep and emotional and it makes me wonder what would've happened if Andy hadn't died. I think they would've been big, but these songs should be rock n roll legends regardless. I would love to hear Pearl Jam play "Gentle Groove" someday, especially now that Boom could provide that awesome piano part.
I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    crown of thorns is one of my favourite songs.
    i'm not sure how things would have panned out if Andy hadn't died. but i do know there would be no pearl jam.
    re: mother love bone. I think they would have been swallowed by the grunge monster. but then again they could have morphed into something akin to AIC and given us an ouevre of heartbreakingly dark music.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    How about Man of Golden Words?

That and the two you mentioned are my three fav MLB songs.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Mother Love Bone Were going to be big.

They were being fought over by record executives remember?

amazing band.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I also really dig the song "Stargazer"

its like my own lil personal theme song :D
  • Options
    i would love to hear lady god diva blues;)
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Crown of Thorns is my favourite song EVER. plain and simple. also gentle groove is awesome and man of golden words explains in song everything i feel about Crown of Thorns
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    I also really dig the song "Stargazer"

its like my own lil personal theme song :D
    i was waitin' for someone to bring this one up, as well.
    i mean if you're gonna give props to every other of the slow jams ... you gotta kick out the stargazer. .. i think MOGW is my favorite slower one, though.

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    i can absolutely agree with all of you. my favs are man of golden words and crown of thorns.
    it took me a few years until i had the chance of getting "apple" and "mother love bone". before that i owned "temple of the dog" for a couple of years and while listening to it, i often thought to myself "what was this band (mlb) like, that made chris cornell write such intensive songs for his lost friend?
    and now i know...andy was not only a good songwriter, he also loved music very deep, and i think we can hear that intensive love to music.
    i love the line "words and music - my only tools" very much, i can identify with that very much.
    the bad joke of tragedy is, that they´re going to get big in business, but then he died. but we still have those great songs...and pearl jam.
    i hurt myself today,
    to see if i still feel,
    i focus all the pain,
    the only thing that´s real...
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Try 'come bite the apple'. Lyrics are fabulous :D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*