New Audioslave in Miami Vice

LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
edited July 2006 in Other Music
So I just got back from seeing Miami Vice and there are two new Audioslave songs in it-"Wide Awake" and "Shape of Things to Come"(which is played twice actually, different parts of the song though)....Really quite superb, better than Original Fire in my opinion and now I am really looking forward to Revelations.
I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• orginal fire was a let down

hopefully the other songs are better as you say

how was the movie?
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    orginal fire was a let down

hopefully the other songs are better as you say

how was the movie?

The movie was alright...nothing mind blowing but it wasnt bad I suppose. Ijust really liked hearing the Audioslave songs.

Some die just to live.
  • i was hoping the movie would be awesome :(
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Saw it this afternoon and I really enjoyed it! It's not Michael Mann's best film, but I think it holds up pretty well, and it's certainly better than a lot of the crap that's been released in theatres this summer. He must be a pretty big Audioslave fan, because I remember he used one of their songs in "Collateral" as well.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Drifting, one thing that we can look forward to is that the best songs are often the ones that don't make it onto the radio. ;)
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i was hoping the movie would be awesome :(

really? when has an 80's tv remake been awesome. you know we will have to wait for knight rider for that to happen. or if the legendary A-team movie ever comes to fruition.

i cant wait to hear new audioslave. its apparentlly pretty groovy.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    I don't know the name of the new Audioslave song but for once I think that a Tom Morello solo actually wrecks the song :o

I just think it's so out of place....and should have been alot more simple.

It sounds like a clown laughing...lol...if that makes any sense.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    original fire is okay- havent heard the other stuff yet. audioslave is amazing live though. i can't believe how good they play RATM songs.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    i was hoping the movie would be awesome :(

i thought it was crap...i was really disappointed. audioslave sounded good...so did the mogwai songs.
  • jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Saw it this afternoon and I really enjoyed it! It's not Michael Mann's best film, but I think it holds up pretty well, and it's certainly better than a lot of the crap that's been released in theatres this summer. He must be a pretty big Audioslave fan, because I remember he used one of their songs in "Collateral" as well.

he used shadow of the sun in collateral. I've never seen a song used in such a brilliant way in that movie. When I hear it when the coyote crosses the street i get the chills.
    6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
  • I'll agree with you that the filmwork that accompanies that song is fantastic, but I thought it was sort of ridiculous... It came off like a random music video in the middle of the movie, like a total break in the plot. It reminded me of the Monty Python "Find the Fish" sketch in the middle of the Meaning of Life, except that was a purposefully random break in the plot. I wasn't a big fan of how Mann used the song, but then again, maybe it's just me.
    jaygreen12 wrote:
    he used shadow of the sun in collateral. I've never seen a song used in such a brilliant way in that movie. When I hear it when the coyote crosses the street i get the chills.
    Spectrum 4/28/03
    State College 5/3/03
    Camden 7/5/03
    Camden 7/6/03

makes much more sense
    to live in the present tense
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I'll agree with you that the filmwork that accompanies that song is fantastic, but I thought it was sort of ridiculous... It came off like a random music video in the middle of the movie, like a total break in the plot. It reminded me of the Monty Python "Find the Fish" sketch in the middle of the Meaning of Life, except that was a purposefully random break in the plot. I wasn't a big fan of how Mann used the song, but then again, maybe it's just me.

either way it was probably better than using an audioslave song in a sex scene....to me, that was weird, especially if you pay attention to the lyrics. awesome songs though.

Some die just to live.