Blur

LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I've recently gotten into Blur, one of the most overlooked bands in rock n roll in my opinion. At least over here in the US they are, although from what I understand they were pretty big in the UK in their day. So...heres our Blur thread. Enjoy.
I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Tender is a pretty sweet song. Coffee & TV is good too. Other than that, I can't say I know much. Give me some suggestions -
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • great band!

3 albums worth listening to:

Modern Life Is Rubbish
    Parklife
    The Big Escape

especially Parklife in my opinion, though my favourite Blur song ("The Universal") is off The Big Escape
    Per sognare altri mondi non è mai troppo tardi
    Another world is possible
  • great band!

3 albums worth listening to:

Modern Life Is Rubbish
    Parklife
    The Big Escape

especially Parklife in my opinion, though my favourite Blur song ("The Universal") is off The Big Escape

That'll be 'The Great Escape'. ;) Just correcting ya
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    My suggestion for DCGARDEN:

I think most fans agree that Modern Life is Rubbish, Parklife, and The Great Escape are the holy trinity of Blur's catalogue as they were at their brit pop peak. However, the following albums, which were way more experimental and dark, have some amazing songs amidst filler and, quite honestly, some songs that are just plain noise. Blur and 13 are both pretty good albums but are pretty uneven.....depends on what you like I suppose. I started with the Best of Blur and that was a really superb intro to the band so maybe you should look into that.....
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • That'll be 'The Great Escape'. ;) Just correcting ya

of course!!! can't believe i wrote "big" :P i've even got it on the shelf behind me...lol

THE GREAT ESCAPE.
    Per sognare altri mondi non è mai troppo tardi
    Another world is possible
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i once heard that Blur is 'high on the concept but low on the sound'.

don't really know what that means but i enjoy thier singles.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    LedZepFan wrote:
    My suggestion for DCGARDEN:

I think most fans agree that Modern Life is Rubbish, Parklife, and The Great Escape are the holy trinity of Blur's catalogue as they were at their brit pop peak. However, the following albums, which were way more experimental and dark, have some amazing songs amidst filler and, quite honestly, some songs that are just plain noise. Blur and 13 are both pretty good albums but are pretty uneven.....depends on what you like I suppose. I started with the Best of Blur and that was a really superb intro to the band so maybe you should look into that.....

Thanks for the help LedZep
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i love blur ;)

i have parklife, the great escape, self titled, and 13. they are all great records.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Apart from the 'Holy Trinity', I loved '13' back in the day, it has to be said.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison