Options

Which do you like better?

KravenKraven Posts: 829
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Do you like the original version of Little Wing by Hendrix or Derek and the Dominos remake/thinking of it? I personally love the Hendrix version the best. That riff is just amazing... The Derek and the Dominos version kind of waters it down. But the added stuff in that version make it really good as well.
32 shows and counting...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I prefer anything Hendrix did over anything Clapton did, just the way it is. Still dig Clapton though. You can't beat Hendrix's version of "Little Wing"....you can't even come close.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Yeah, I could never understand how anyone thought Clapton was a better guitarist than Hendrix. I personally think Hendrix destroys Clapton.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    WESWES Posts: 168
    Kraven wrote:
    Yeah, I could never understand how anyone thought Clapton was a better guitarist than Hendrix. I personally think Hendrix destroys Clapton.

Clapton was a great guitarist, its just im impartial to the majority of his work.... From what i've gathered Clapton has a more methodical and smooth playing style... as opposed to jimi's playing which strips all tone from that plank of wood until is is nearly unreconizable...in other words he played that shit hard.!
  • Options
    Clapton is great but he's way to formulaic.

Jimi had soul.

same with SRV to an extent..

Jimi's is the best.

Although, i have to give a nod to the version Pj played in 1994.. Little Wing/maggot brain is what it's listed under..

i think that version is better than Jimi's.

it's amazing.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    Clapton is great but he's way to formulaic.

Jimi had soul.

same with SRV to an extent..

Jimi's is the best.

Although, i have to give a nod to the version Pj played in 1994.. Little Wing/maggot brain is what it's listed under..

i think that version is better than Jimi's.

it's amazing.

It's hard to compare the PJ version to Jimi's since his was so beautifully short. I love the PJ version. Stevie Ray Vaughan puts a nice spin on it as well. Little Wing is one of my favorite Hendrix songs and I've always wished it was a few minutes longer.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I've always been at a crossroad (no pun intended) with Hendrix's version and SRV's. Clapton is a good guitarist, but he borrowed a lot from guys like bb king, buddy guy, and muddy waters. Personally Hendrix was so supreme cause he was way out there with his stuff. Hendrix's version could've been about a minute longer in my opinion.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    SRV's is one of the great songs of the world
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");