The Fratelli's ?

amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
edited March 2008 in Other Music
No not the family that interrogate Chunk in The Goonies, the band from Glasgow. :D Costello Music is great.
Flathead E.P just released in the U.S.
Seeing them live is a must, Chelsea Dagger is fun at gigs!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    One of my friends hit me the other day cos I said I hate the fratelli's. she loves them... I don't :D I don't know what it is but Chelsea Dagger really annoys me.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    They are a more tolerable Arctic Monkeys for me. I hate that iPod commercial!
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    No idea who they are but I love the band name.
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Vince The Loveable Stoner is a cracking tune!!!!
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • "You boys like tongue?" - Mama Fratelli

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Aside from a couple of songs that they have realeased as singles, particularly Chelsea Dagger which i hate, i think they are ok. There are a few other Scottish bands that have came about recently that i much prefer though, like the View, Glasvegas and the Dykeenies.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Peter C wrote:
    Vince The Loveable Stoner is a cracking tune!!!!
    and i havent seen a pupil in his eyes for 16 days

:D
    I find Chelsea Dagger annoying aswell, everybody plays it, the radio, stadiums i think my corner shop played it opening up the other morning but it is a great live/festival/party song.
    My fave track is Henrietta.
    stu gee wrote:
    Aside from a couple of songs that they have realeased as singles, particularly Chelsea Dagger which i hate, i think they are ok. There are a few other Scottish bands that have came about recently that i much prefer though, like the View, Glasvegas and the Dykeenies.
    George Bowie keeps raving about The Dykeenies, never heard them, do they have a song in the charts?
    What about that Nutini, you heard him sing live? he sounds like a bad Bob Marley impression
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i found it ok.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Proof that the UK produces just as many crap bands as the US
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    Just another overhyped NME band with what will likely be fleeting success.No chance of longevity for me.Just OK average choppy indie,much like Bloc Party but without a pretentious vocalist.
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • I didnt like chelsea dagger when it came out but the albums great.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    thanx amentvedder ;) know what i mean??? ha
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • flathead is the new ipod/itunes commercial song. quite the catchy number
    "be a philosopher but, amid all your philosophy, be first a man" - david hume

Mitch Hedberg- RIP 1968-2005. your jokes have laughed me through a lot. I thank you.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I may give the album a go, that Chelsea Dagger has really put me off them so far.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    George Bowie keeps raving about The Dykeenies, never heard them, do they have a song in the charts?
    What about that Nutini, you heard him sing live? he sounds like a bad Bob Marley impression

Sounds and looks like Paulo has been drinking since he hit the big time, i know a few people who said he looked a little worse for wear when they saw him live. The dykeenies have released a couple of singles, New Ideas and Waiting for Go. They are quite poppy, but write very catchy songs. Pretty young bunch of guys but they are doing pretty well, saw them at King Tuts ages ago and they were pretty good.

http://www.myspace.com/gofindthedykeenies
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
    kdpjam wrote:
    thanx amentvedder ;) know what i mean??? ha

No bother lass ;)
    stu gee wrote:
    Sounds and looks like Paulo has been drinking since he hit the big time, i know a few people who said he looked a little worse for wear when they saw him live. The dykeenies have released a couple of singles, New Ideas and Waiting for Go. They are quite poppy, but write very catchy songs. Pretty young bunch of guys but they are doing pretty well, saw them at King Tuts ages ago and they were pretty good.

http://www.myspace.com/gofindthedykeenies

I'm listening to Waiting For Go right now and i really like it! I'm quite biased with Glasgow bands anyway :) but thats a great tune.
    Back at the Academy in March too
    I'm listening to Waiting For Go right now and i really like it! I'm quite biased with Glasgow bands anyway :) but thats a great tune.
    Back at the Academy in March too

Yeah its a good song, i actually think new ideas is better though. I know what you mean about being biased, i always like seeing Glasgow bands doing well, and there are quite a few at the moment who have a lot of potential. I met a couple of the guys dykeenies ages ago and they were sound, hopefully goes well for them.

Thats the video for new ideas - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxtXgKepIAc
    stu gee wrote:
    Yeah its a good song, i actually think new ideas is better though. I know what you mean about being biased, i always like seeing Glasgow bands doing well, and there are quite a few at the moment who have a lot of potential. I met a couple of the guys dykeenies ages ago and they were sound, hopefully goes well for them.

Thats the video for new ideas - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxtXgKepIAc

Another great song Stewie :) Pretty cool having King Tuts in the vid.
    I will be there tomorrow night seeing my friends band - Magma Child. I will mention them to you incase they make it big lol
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=62895338

1 thing tho, The Dykeenies, they have EMO hair, wots that about, we don't do EMO in Glesga haha Defo dig their sound
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I get fucking headache of Chelsea Dagger everybody is singing it right now. :mad:
    Klumpie wrote:
    I get fucking headache of Chelsea Dagger everybody is singing it right now. :mad:
    Tuh Duh Duh
    Tuh Duh Duh
    Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh
    stop moaning you!

As I said, my fave song is "Henrietta" funnily enough :D
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Tuh Duh Duh
    Tuh Duh Duh
    Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh
    stop moaning you!

As I said, my fave song is "Henrietta" funnily enough :D

I think the chance is very little that I will like this band.
  • Tuh Duh Duh
    Tuh Duh Duh
    Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh
    Aargh! That's going to be stuck in my head for the next sixty-eight hours.. :rolleyes: I've seen them. They're alright :)
    I hate Chelsea dagger, think my favourite song by theirs is Got My nuts From a Hippy.

I was talking to a guy who said his friend worked in a place that the Fratelli's played in quite a lot before they made it big, and he said that out of all the local bands he'd seen coming up, he thouhgt they were the least likely to get anywhere! Theyd been plugging away for ages and ages apparently and nothing was happening, then creeping up the backstair became very popular and they took off.
    Congrats to The Frats on their Brit award !

clipboard02sw5.png
    Sawyer wrote:
    The Kooks are alot better......

Oh dear god no, and luke pritchard the singer is a plonker.

Ive gone off both the fratellis and the kooks completely after getting their albums, although i think the fratellis are just bearable, aside from chelsea dagger.
    Sawyer wrote:
    it seems the kooks are a love them or hate them band over there.....was is this? too much hype?

I dont think they recieved all that much hype at when i first started listening to them, which was over a year ago. They are on the radio quite a lot now, and their videos are on the music channels all the time. I think they are ok, but find them a bit boring. There are a couple of decent tracks i like, eddies gun and sofa song, but find it all sounding the same really.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Chelsea Dagger is fun at gigs!

Man, I hate that song...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫