Oasis Stop The Clocks 20/11/06

amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
edited November 2006 in Other Music
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000HC2MG6.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V40663418_.jpg

Disc: 1
1. Rock n Roll Star
2. Some Might Say
3. Talk Tonight
4. Lyla
5. The Importance of Being Idle
6. Wonderwall
7. Slide Away
8. Cigarettes & Alcohol
9. The Masterplan

Disc: 2
1. Live Forever
2. Acquiesce
3. Supersonic
4. Half The World Away
5. Go Let It Out
6. Songbird
7. Morning Glory
8. Champagne Supernova
9. Don’t Look Back In Anger

Disc: 3
1. 40 minute Noel and Liam Electronic Press Kit
2. Champagne Supernova - live at Knebworth
3. Fade Away - live at Knebworth
4. Lord Don't Slow Me Down film trailer
5. Gallery section

New double disc greatest hits. Amazon is doing [2CD + DVD] for £12.99 pretty good, I will be buying it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    I have all their albums, but this is a nice collection.

OASIS - Stop The Clocks (2CD+DVD) £10.99
    http://www13.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php?product_code=1052598
    (I buy heaps of music here)
    your light's reflected now
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    will be buying it for the dvd and cos i buy anything they release..will be getting the Stop the Clocks EP too though there's nothing new on that too.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    im really disappointed-as an American, I was hoping for at least "Whatever" since its not available in the US and I had also heard there were two new songs, which there are obviously not
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I will not buy it. I still have to buy there last 3 albums and I'm always dissappointed in 'Best of' albums. They just doesn't feel the same like a regular album.
    LedZepFan wrote:
    im really disappointed-as an American, I was hoping for at least "Whatever" since its not available in the US and I had also heard there were two new songs, which there are obviously not
    I love that song on the Mtv unplugged set.. Still doubt I'll buy it just for that. I actually would expect Oasis would not release a best of till they stopped or the dope in the world would run out.

I only buy 'best of' CDs if I don't feel like buying more albums of the artist(s).
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Obi Once wrote:
    I have all their albums, but this is a nice collection.

OASIS - Stop The Clocks (2CD+DVD) £10.99
    http://www13.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php?product_code=1052598
    (I buy heaps of music here)
    Thanks for that! £10.99 and free delivery! is that for real?
    Klumpie wrote:
    I will not buy it. I still have to buy there last 3 albums and I'm always dissappointed in 'Best of' albums. They just doesn't feel the same like a regular album.
    I'm sort of same as Axl, I probably won't listen to this, I just buy anything Oasis.
    I own all the albums so have all the songs I just want it for my collection our kid lol
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    LedZepFan wrote:

yeah. i have every song on there. maybe ill put them in my itunes in that order for kicks. it's a pretty awesome playlist, no doubt. however, id much rather they did a double disc b-sides collection... get all the early stuff left off the masterplan and some of the more recent b-sides too. i can keep hoping i guess.
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I'm sort of same as Axl, i probably won't listen to this, I just buy anything Oasis.
    I own all the albums so have all the songs I just want it for my collection our kid lol
    If you have enought money, then you can permit it. ;):D And I will not buy any 'best-offs' anymore. The only 2 'best offs' that I like are from Led Zeppelin and Pearl Jam. But I can understand the Brittish sentiment in this case. :D
  • Nothing from "Be Here Now" represented on this new one? Jesus guys
  • And only 9 songs on each disc. That's like spitting in someone's face after they've given you everything you could ever ask for, and then some.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
    And only 9 songs on each disc. That's like spitting in someone's face after they've given you everything you could ever ask for, and then some.

I read an interview with Noel where he said he was actually a bit embarrassed by Be Here Now! i think he meant lyrics wise. That might have something to do with it. BHN is like 1 of my fave Oasis albums too, i love It's Getting Better Man
    Thanks for that! £10.99 and free delivery! is that for real?
    As I said, I order shitloads from them, all orders received in about 1 week
    by the way guys-apparently they had to release this greatest hits due to some contract shit...if they hadnt, the record label would be able to release one the band would have no hand in after the deal expired so i guess the band felt this was for the best. im just looking forward to the new album next year

Some die just to live.
    Obi Once wrote:
    As I said, I order shitloads from them, all orders received in about 1 week
    yeh cd-wow is pretty impressive
    only ordered from them once and it came in like 4 days.
    if only they had more variety..so for now i still prefer Amazon.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • awesome collection of songs but some more live stuff would have being good....will consider buying it but we'll see.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
    alright just got the version with the dvd...i really like how the 3 discs are packaged and the sleeve is awesome..contains lyrics too which shocked me cos usually compilations don't have lyrics

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    alright just got the version with the dvd...i really like how the 3 discs are packaged and the sleeve is awesome..contains lyrics too which shocked me cos usually compilations don't have lyrics
    I prob won't get mine till Wednesday. Whats the dvd like?
    There was a docu on tv here last night Oasis: Lord Don't Slow Me Down..you heard of that?
    Backstage and on the road footage of the DBTT tour. Was good Noel cracks me up
    Then Live from Manchester was on :cool:
    There was a docu on tv here last night Oasis: Lord Don't Slow Me Down..you heard of that?
    havent watched the dvd..but its around 50 minutes long based on the details behind.
    nah havent watched it..will be waiting patiently for the dvd for LDSMD

YNWA
  • Nothing from "Be Here Now" represented on this new one? Jesus guys

I'd have to agree with that statement whole heartedly...I think I would rather just buy the 1st 2 cd's and skip this "Greatest Hits" I thought Be Here Now was a great one.

http://www.myspace.com/ramon1972
    just got aboot watching the EPK on the dvd..it's a real must have for Oasis fans..really funny shit and love how Noel disses "Little James" haha..

YNWA
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

I watched the LDSMD docu thingy... i thought it was fuckin hilarious.

theres a good bit in it which shows how much Noel has to put up with from Liam... they are having a meal and a drink and Liam just goes off on one to Noel about respecting the band and stuff.. and not doing NME cover shoots and things.. :)

Noel is soooo fuckin funny to watch... I've been on Youtube lately just watching loads of Noel's interviews.. . he's a funny funny man... nearly as funny as me, but not quite ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    I met Noel once walking down the street in london a few years ago - he is top man!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    their behind the music episode is on youtube....you guys should check it out. It's hilarious.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    i watched the dvd from Stop the Clocks a few days ago at my friend's house...its fuckin hilarious

I love the part where they ask about the name and Noel starts to answer and then Liam goes off like "It's like a fuckin bookmark...were stopping it here. If i can get it so fuckin can the rest of the world. Stop asking fucking stupid questions and go fucking buy it you fuckin cunts"

Liam is hilarious in his endless arrogance and rudeness haha

Some die just to live.
    LedZepFan wrote:
    i watched the dvd from Stop the Clocks a few days ago at my friend's house...its fuckin hilarious

I love the part where they ask about the name and Noel starts to answer and then Liam goes off like "It's like a fuckin bookmark...were stopping it here. If i can get it so fuckin can the rest of the world. Stop asking fucking stupid questions and go fucking buy it you fuckin cunts"

Liam is hilarious in his endless arrogance and rudeness haha
    haha brilliant stuff

another good moment among the many was when Noel asked Liam aboot why he always skips a verse when performing Acquiesce..have always wondered that meself..

YNWA
    got the STC EP in the mail..must say it's pretty much worth the 3.99 i paid and a good buy for fellow Oasis collectors...the Cigarettes & Alcohol demo is pretty good
    the sticker sheet that came with it though is pretty rubbish..haha..

YNWA
  • Mine came in the mail yesterday- $9.99 at Best Buy with the STC EP. I own the first 3 records on tape, never got around to picking them up on CD. As someone said earlier in the thread, though, it's probably only worth picking up if it's all you'll own, or if you're a completist.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.