Victor Wooten

Stardog ChampionStardog Champion Posts: 19
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Has anyone else heard of this Bass god? If you haven't you should definately check him out. Dare I say he's one of the best? Yes, I dare. His ability with his fingers is unlike anything I've seen bassists of this generation do. I recommend all bassists check out his "A Show of Hands" cd even if it be for the title track and "Classical Thump" which will be sure to please anyone who has picked up this instrument. For everyone else don't worry, most of the tracks are a mix of up beat funky tracks and slow moving melodic tracks that are done completely by one 4-stringed bass. He's a great musician and I recommend everyone to check out some of his stuff.
"Ok... if I smoke a joint Pittsburgh will soon be my favorite place on the planet. Somebody throw up a lighter come on. Ok we got the lighter. And this is a Marlboro Light, what kind of fucker..."
-EV

http://www.petitiononline.com/keeppens/petition.html
HELP KEEP THE PENS IN PITTSBURGH
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    He's REALLY phenomenal...

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • reblfanreblfan Posts: 90
    I love Wooten and Bela Fleck and have been listening to them for a few years now. If anyone has not heard this guy then search for him on youtube.
    "Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising."
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    Has anyone else heard of this Bass god? If you haven't you should definately check him out. Dare I say he's one of the best? Yes, I dare. His ability with his fingers is unlike anything I've seen bassists of this generation do. I recommend all bassists check out his "A Show of Hands" cd even if it be for the title track and "Classical Thump" which will be sure to please anyone who has picked up this instrument. For everyone else don't worry, most of the tracks are a mix of up beat funky tracks and slow moving melodic tracks that are done completely by one 4-stringed bass. He's a great musician and I recommend everyone to check out some of his stuff.

he's awesome
  • jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
    Victor Wooten is the best bassist of all time. Bela Fleck and The Flecktones played at my school last winter and they are coming back again this upcoming year. I will be sure not to miss it.
    6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    jaygreen12 wrote:
    Victor Wooten is the best bassist of all time. Bela Fleck and The Flecktones played at my school last winter and they are coming back again this upcoming year. I will be sure not to miss it.
    you are wrong. stanley clarke is better :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Victor Wooten is so good. Love him with the Flecktones. I think its finally time for me to pick up some of his solo stuff.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    I must have listened to the song More Love from that album a million times when i first got it. Victor wooten is the man!
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE