Aerosmith and Motley Crue Tour Together

Character ZeroCharacter Zero Posts: 96
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I just got an e-mail from the Tweeter Center saying that Aerosmith and Motley Crue are playing there in Sept. I did a little more research and found out that this is actually a full scale co-headlining tour. I want to go bad but tix are expensive. Just thought I would give everyone a heads up.
I was taught a month ago to bide my time and take it slow, but then I learned just yesterday to rush and never waste a day. Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I've learned is always wrong. Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    fucking sweet
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    ugh. one of the worst tours I could imagine
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Echoes wrote:

Even worse than if Nickelback and Creed toured together with special quest limp bizkit and korn?
  • Even worse than if Nickelback and Creed toured together with special quest limp bizkit and korn?

hahahahaha...
    Nature has it's own religion, gospel from the land...
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    No interest. I liked Aerosmith back in the day. Always found Crue annoying.

Listening to Vince Neil sing Girls Girls Girls followed by Steven Tyler singing
    Armaggedon love songs, not exactly my cup of tea
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    It is called the Fat Lips and Broken Hips tour.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Even worse than if Nickelback and Creed toured together with special quest limp bizkit and korn?

yeah because this shitfest will probably cost something like 150 bucks a seat
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • The tour's not worth it for me. Motley Crue only had a couple songs worth my time, and Aerosmith hasn't put out anything worthwhile since probably 1982. And it only got worse with the Glam movement, and Steven Tyler blowing his voice out every other concert. And speaking of which, I thought I heard somewhere that it's a possibility he would never sing again? What the hell happened with that?
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • Aerosmith lost their minds when they stopped taking drugs. Collaborating with ballad songwriters? Touring with Motely Crue? What the fuck is up with these guys? In the 70's, they were as good as the Stones and Zeppelin. Now they're one of the lamest bands on the planet. I have a hard time explaining to younger folk that Aerosmith actually used to be cool at one time.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Echoes wrote:
    Amen...............Moldy Cum is about the worst band on the planet, and Aerosmith lost my interest about 10-12 years ago.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    JWBusher wrote:
    Aerosmith lost their minds when they stopped taking drugs. Collaborating with ballad songwriters? Touring with Motely Crue? What the fuck is up with these guys? In the 70's, they were as good as the Stones and Zeppelin. Now they're one of the lamest bands on the planet. I have a hard time explaining to younger folk that Aerosmith actually used to be cool at one time.

Absolutely. I even remember thinking the same thing when I saw Tyler & Perry jamming with Timberlake & Brittany Spears at a Super Bowl Halftime Show
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • DCGARDEN wrote:
    Absolutely. I even remember thinking the same thing when I saw Tyler & Perry jamming with Timberlake & Brittany Spears at a Super Bowl Halftime Show

Oh yeah, absolutely. Talk about lame.
  • if they come by here id go for sure
    i think it would be a fun show
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • I love Aerosmith. I've seen them a few times and they really do rock. I don't understand people who say they haven't had good music in however long. The way I see it with Aerosmith is.... in the 70's some of their music rocked, some sucked. In the 80's some rocked, some sucked...and the pattern has continued through to today. Their blues record from 2004 had some good stuff.

I've never been a huge Motley Crue fan, but I have seen them twice with friends who had no one else to go with. When they have Tommy Lee, they are actually pretty good. Without him they are just ok. I doubt Tommy will play with them since he is starting a new band.

I'd go to this show if it was on a weekend & prices were reasonable.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    tybird wrote:
    Amen...............Moldy Cum is about the worst band on the planet, and Aerosmith lost my interest about 10-12 years ago.

close but motley crue is easily, hands down, without any doubt no question, worse than Madonna the worst band on the planet, the very thought of them angers me
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Come on the last person who said Motley Crue, is worse then Madonna is a fool. Also second of all this Aerosmith/Motley Crue tour will be awesome.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Thanks..............I had wiped this horrible incident from my mind until you reminded everybody about it............;)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    I'm still undecided whether I'll make the drive to Tampa for this show. My wife loves Aerosmith's newer stuff (you know, the awful Diane Warren ballad crap), and I like a good bit of their '70s stuff. I know when we saw them with Kiss, they only played 5 new (post '70s) songs. And Motley, while definitely not the most skilled musicians, put on an entertaining live show. Still, not sure it'll be worth $50 a head to sit on the lawn, along with 6 or 7 hours in a car there and back.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    That would be a shit hot show to go to! If only I could get there.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Kinda makes sense...

Anyone listened to Rocks recently....? the Aerosmith album that Crue modelled their whole career on, or tried to... :o:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    The tour's not worth it for me. Motley Crue only had a couple songs worth my time, and Aerosmith hasn't put out anything worthwhile since probably 1982. And it only got worse with the Glam movement, and Steven Tyler blowing his voice out every other concert. And speaking of which, I thought I heard somewhere that it's a possibility he would never sing again? What the hell happened with that?

I always thought Pump was the last album they were worth a damn on.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    intodeep wrote:
    I always thought Pump was the last album they were worth a damn on.

I agree. Though it had some stinkers on it Pump is a decent record. That said it pales in comparison to Toys In the Attic, Rocks or any of their other 70's records. As for their more recent stuff, well, everyone has already said what needs to be said. It's just not good. A shame too. Say what you will, but Joe Perry is a talented guitarist. I saw them live back in like 95, and he played several tunes on slide guitar. Good stuff.

I've never been a big Crue fan, but they sure have their share of devotees. They've got some songs that have some nostalgic value for me, since they were popular in my youth, but that's about it.
    rock chalk