DBT-Live-6/28/06

tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
edited June 2006 in Other Music
We got the honor of catching Drive-by Truckers open for the Black Crowes last night here in Birmingham. The band sounded great..............can't wait to catch them sometime in the near future as a head-liner. Here's the short, but sweet set list:
The Living Bubba
Marry Me
Never Gonna Change
Feb 14th
Space City
Easy on Yourself
Let There Be Rock

After the set, Cooley had his kid out on stage with him.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Nice set...that's the only downside to their opening slot...no 3 hours shows.

:(

:D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    That's barely a fucking taste of DBT...
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    NakedClown wrote:
    That's barely a fucking taste of DBT...
    True........very true. We can't wait for their annual gig here in Birmingham on the friday after Thanksgiving, which Patterson mentioned at the end of the set. I am also hoping that they will play some gigs in the area prior to then.

The Robert Randoulph (sic???) Band was talented, but they weren't my cup of tea. They got a much longer set than DBT.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    What kind of response are they getting? Well...I imagine in Birmingham it was pretty good, but I'm wondering how the crowds are receiving them.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    tybird wrote:
    We got the honor of catching Drive-by Truckers open for the Black Crowes last night here in Birmingham. The band sounded great..............can't wait to catch them sometime in the near future as a head-liner. Here's the short, but sweet set list:
    The Living Bubba
    Marry Me
    Never Gonna Change
    Feb 14th
    Space City
    Easy on Yourself
    Let There Be Rock

After the set, Cooley had his kid out on stage with him.

Never Gonna Change...I LOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH
    What kind of response are they getting? Well...I imagine in Birmingham it was pretty good, but I'm wondering how the crowds are receiving them.

PBM
    Good response.............a lot of folks besides us were there primarily for DBT. Starting @ 6:30 (in broad daylight and on a workday) does mean that a large part of the crowd won't even be there yet, but those that were there in B'ham were vocal in their support.

There even a couple of signs for DBT peppered throughout the crowd.
    Nice comments about DBT by the local paper's music critic in this morning's paper. She used one of brain of c's favorite terms to describe the set by the Black Crowes, "noodling"........:)