Girl Talk - Feed the Animals

Matt LukinMatt Lukin Posts: 647
edited June 2008 in Other Music
New Girl Talk album, "Feed the Animals", available here, and you can pick your own price. If it's half as good as "Night Rippers" then it'll be one of the best albums of the year.
The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Matt Lukin wrote:
    If it's half as good as "Night Rippers" then it'll be one of the best albums of the year.
    agreed. right in time for summer.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    shit man, the first track alone samples has bits of Let My Love Open The Door and Hunger Strike.

Sweet.
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    Night Rippers was great
  • Matt LukinMatt Lukin Posts: 647
    OK, yeah. It might even be better than "Night Ripper." The combo of "Roc Boys" and "Paranoid Android" was tremendous.
    just finished downloading.

does anybody have any of his albums before Night Ripper? Just curious if they were worth looking into.
  • Matt LukinMatt Lukin Posts: 647
    transplant wrote:
    just finished downloading.

does anybody have any of his albums before Night Ripper? Just curious if they were worth looking into.

I have them both, "Secret Diary" and "Unstoppable." They're both good, but definitely different than his last two records. Still mash-ups in a sense, but more like he's messing with the songs than putting them together. Lots of computer glitches and such. But if you like the new one and "Night Ripper", I'd say they're at least worth a listen.
    Matt Lukin wrote:
    I have them both, "Secret Diary" and "Unstoppable." They're both good, but definitely different than his last two records. Still mash-ups in a sense, but more like he's messing with the songs than putting them together. Lots of computer glitches and such. But if you like the new one and "Night Ripper", I'd say they're at least worth a listen.
    cool, I'll put them in m Saved For Later folder.

I am liking this new one. Any artist that can find time for the bass line from Peace Sells But Who's Buying gets my nod.

I do wish I was more hip-hop literate (a little bit anyway). I'll just have to settle for Rick Springfield.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Haha this is fucking insane. One of the best things I've heard all year.