Demonoid down??

ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Anyone know what is going on with demonoid?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's fucked for now. Lots of rumors saying the CRIA shut it down and some rumors saying it's temporarily down but nothing is confirmed. Either way it sucks.
  • yah. CRIA sucks. it's down.

Fuck.
    I have a slew of torrents that i was going to try and plow through today.

Last day of internet before i move to a new place with no connection.

Man this stinxors.
    :(

EDIT: Allthought, funny, someone must be mirroring the tracker.
    Not sure what's going on, but most every demonoid torrent on my machine is still down and uploading at good rates. it just says "the target machine is actively refusing a connection" ... not sure how sketchy that is, but neither PeerGuardian2 nor Comodo Firewall is picking up anything crazy.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • This is a goddamn tragedy. I am only 50% of the way through my 130gig MST3K torrent...
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • I think it's hilarious that Demonoid goes down but Oink continues without a hitch...
  • oink invite?
  • Fuck oink! Goddamn nazis.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    oink suck, impossible to get a friggin ratio!

ya where is demonoid!?
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    :(
  • Not defending them or anything, cause they really are asshats, but I would guess that the reason why oink stays up and continues to do so well is more or less because of the fact that they are such fucking nazis about the people that can use the site and the content that is on there. So it is kind of a double edged sword.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Ya this does suck. Does anyone know of some similar websites?
  • hey guys, thanks for that, didn't know what happened to demonoid...

another alright site is http://btjunkie.org

got a fair amount of stuff
    Given To Fly

Lisboa, Pavilhão Atlântico, 4/9/06
    Lisboa, Algés, Oeiras Alive!, 8/6/07
  • It's back up!!!
  • It's back up!!!

yeah, and the rumours were true!
    Downtime

We received a letter from a lawyer represeting the CRIA, they were threatening with legal action and we need to start blocking Canadian traffic because of this.

Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience.

Glad I'm not canadian!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    Down again:

The CRIA threatened the company renting the servers to us, and because of this it is not possible to keep the site online. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.
  • Goddamnit.
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    :( nooo again!