Worst Rock Stars Ever

ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RadioYamRadioYam Posts: 102
    the tidbit about Morrissey wanting Jobriath on tour in '92 (not knowing Jobriath was dead) made me laugh.
  • crittablescrittables Posts: 342
    i appreciate that they included lenny kravitz:

Lowest Point - His soundtrack cover of "American Woman," which added a sheen of light-rock gloss to a song that didn't need it.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    "when I had Zack "GeistEditor" Parsons give a listen to it, he described the discrepancy between its lavish production and awful content as being "like a statue of a retard carved out of white gold." - Fucking Priceless!!!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    " Ted Nugent - Jesus Christ, how much depth do I have to go into here? He's Ted fucking Nugent." :D

Love it :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Local DJ here in Portland told a story about being backstage at a Lenny Kravitz show... for the "meet and great" they had everyone line up single file and were ushered into a room where Lenny, of course wearing sunglasses, sat on an elevated gold chair that actually looked like a throne. He said it was one of the most ridiculous displays he's ever seen from a rockstar...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    johnny rotton should be #1
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I love this bit.

"Aerosmith released their first album only shortly after The Who and Led Zeppelin peaked. Now, one hundred and forty five years later, they're one of the only "Classic Rock" acts that are still regularly putting out records that people buy. Why? Because people don't know their asses from their elbows."
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    That was hilarious.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • korbykorby Posts: 298
    im listening to the song count on me. i cant remember the name of the band. lmao.
    i like this song
    its ok
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I almost spit out my drink when he called Steven Tyler a "flyweight geriatric ghoul."
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    That was a great read! I'll pass it along.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • GalianaGaliana Posts: 554
    korby wrote:
    im listening to the song count on me. i cant remember the name of the band. lmao.
    i like this song

Jefferson Starship?
    Don't threaten me with a good time.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Where was Scott Stapp at?!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Where was Scott Stapp at?!

Hahahaha.

So true.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Where was Scott Stapp at?!

No kidding. He should have been top 5 easy.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    crittables wrote:
    i appreciate that they included lenny kravitz:

Lowest Point - His soundtrack cover of "American Woman," which added a sheen of light-rock gloss to a song that didn't need it.

amen to that. i will never understand why people like him or listen to him.
  • The MaestroThe Maestro Posts: 100
    No kidding. He should have been top 5 easy.

You're correct, but he explains this sort of thing in the intro:

"This list is not based upon flash-in-the-pan annoyance value alone; if it were, it would be filled with easy choices like Fred Durst and Chad Kroeger. Many of these figures, in fact, might be considered "Rock Legends" by the types of people who are prone to using terms like "Rock Legends." The rock stars listed here have earned their places in the annals of crappy rock star lore for various reasons; some are monumental failures, some are unforgettable jerks, and some have seemingly dedicated their lives to destroying any possibility that the words "rock and roll" will ever be associated with any sort of artistry or merit."
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Morrissey shouldnt even count as a rockstar, he sounds more like an opera singer and his lyrics are just whiney bullshit
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    amen to that. i will never understand why people like him or listen to him.

Lenny's second album Mama Said is actually quite good.
  • You're correct, but he explains this sort of thing in the intro:

"This list is not based upon flash-in-the-pan annoyance value alone; if it were, it would be filled with easy choices like Fred Durst and Chad Kroeger. Many of these figures, in fact, might be considered "Rock Legends" by the types of people who are prone to using terms like "Rock Legends." The rock stars listed here have earned their places in the annals of crappy rock star lore for various reasons; some are monumental failures, some are unforgettable jerks, and some have seemingly dedicated their lives to destroying any possibility that the words "rock and roll" will ever be associated with any sort of artistry or merit."

Didn't Creed do 3 or 4 albums? That's not really flash in the pan annoyance. That asshole has been annoying me for many years. Just on the strength of his cheesy Messianic complex and body gestures alone should land him on this list.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • amen to that. i will never understand why people like him or listen to him.

I thought "Are You Gonna Go My Way" was a killer album - all analog - vintage gear - Lenny played all the instruments - it sounded sweet!

"Fly Away" and "American Woman" are total embarassments compared to his first 3 albums. That's not the original Lenny. It's sort of like the Aerosmith situation. They no longer resemble their original selves and have sunk down into MOR hell.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    that was funny
    Axl couldn't even get along with a bunch of addicts.

Any article talking about buckethead and has a nipple picture is a winner.

that picture of Bono is so right on