the evens

anarchist_grungeranarchist_grunger Posts: 161
edited July 2008 in Other Music
any fans around here?:D
"It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I'm a fan of basically everything MacKaye has ever put out, even down to the handful of songs he did with Jeff Nelson (Skewbald, Egg Hunt) so yep, fan here :)

The first album is terrific, the second is good although disappointing really. The interweaving of Ian's voice with Amy Farina's is brilliant and the baritone guitar was a stroke of genius. They sound like no one else.

Shelter Two and Around The Corner are probably my favourite songs.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I'm a fan of basically everything MacKaye has ever put out, even down to the handful of songs he did with Jeff Nelson (Skewbald, Egg Hunt) so yep, fan here :)

The first album is terrific, the second is good although disappointing really. The interweaving of Ian's voice with Amy Farina's is brilliant and the baritone guitar was a stroke of genius. They sound like no one else.

Shelter Two and Around The Corner are probably my favourite songs.
    are you a fan of Pailhead?
  • vinylguyvinylguy Posts: 8
    saw them live last year...awesome experience....they mix so good!!
    ian is a true genius and the whole gig was so powerfull.
  • way better than the white stripes :D
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
    Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>