Cornell in Miami Vice...

JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
edited August 2006 in Other Music
What song was that? Sorry if this has been posted before...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    There are two new Audioslave songs-one is "Shape of Things to Come" and one is "Wide Awake"....they will both be on Revelations, which comes out on September 5
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I really liked the 2 songs I heard on Miami Vice. Release date is almost here!
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    Alright cool..thanks! They didn't sound to bad either.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    does it make anyone else cringe that Cornell is contributing a song for the title track of the new Bond movie? Its very very lame on his part.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    Zoso wrote:
    does it make anyone else cringe that Cornell is contributing a song for the title track of the new Bond movie? Its very very lame on his part.

Have you seen the trailer? If Cornell being in the MI:2 soundtrack was ok for you, then you'd think this one is ok too since the movie style is similar. It doesn't really look very slick or stylish.

I'll wait for the song first before judging. You're here for the music, right?
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    mike_s_6 wrote:
    Have you seen the trailer? If Cornell being in the MI:2 soundtrack was ok for you, then you'd think this one is ok too since the movie style is similar. It doesn't really look very slick or stylish.

I'll wait for the song first before judging. You're here for the music, right?

I'm certainly not here to discuss stone's bitches so yeah. You're right I will wait for the soundtrack.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Zoso wrote:

Actually, some very good and very famous songs have come out of the Bond franchise.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    Live and let die!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I noticed that there was an Audioslave song in Talladega Nights too.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    He was all over Collateral too, he and Michael Mann must be bros
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    they only used Shadow on the Sun in Collateral.....and Mann has clearly stated his love of Cornells music and so again used 2 new tracks in MV........And Cornell wasn't too sure about doing the Bond theme song til he saw a rough cut.....he co-wrote it with the main guy who's done the last 4 Bond songs so if you DON'T end up liking it, it won't be all Chris's fault.....personally, I can't wait to hear what he did....
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    justam wrote:
    I noticed that there was an Audioslave song in Talladega Nights too.

That was an old one, "Cochise"
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Fuck it, Cornell said he liked what he saw about the bond movie so he agreed to do the song. I don't care what film he does a song for, if the song is good then credit to him. Criticising him isn't fair at all in this case, what has he done wrong?

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • if its a good song, and based on all his past outputs there will be a 99.9% chance i'll like it, i don't care if its on the........carebears or dora soundtrack (well, actually i kinda like dora)
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    if its a good song, and based on all his past outputs there will be a 99.9% chance i'll like it, i don't care if its on the........carebears or dora soundtrack (well, actually i kinda like dora)

if it were on the dora soundtrack, do you think he'd sing in spanish? i could go for that. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say