New Pumpkins single 'Tarantula' 30 second clip...

GivenToFlyFreakGivenToFlyFreak Posts: 86
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Here it is... maybe a bit too poppy for my liking, but the drums sound wicked!!!!

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=16770
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    its all prettty good

its a 30 second clip, its not exactly a representation of the entire album.

I think its pretty good

no electronic crap :)
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    gooooo pumpkins :)
    i love rock chicks
    i love rock chicks
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    pretty cool. when do we get to hear the rest of it?
    i a week
    monday 21 may
    i love rock chicks
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    pretty cool. when do we get to hear the rest of it?

21st

paris show on the 22nd
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    not bad at all...
    And i'm going to see them in only 12 days !! :D
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Very cool. Pretty damn interesting too... like the louder parts of Machina but poppier (not in a bad way, mind you) and without keyboards underneath.

errrrg I'm so pumped for this record. There had BETTER be some quality boots of these shows coming up.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    the whole song is on q101 right now!!!
    i love rock chicks
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    let's hope somebody recorded it!!
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Sounds pretty fuckin' awesome!! Glad Billy is rocking again!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    anybody got any more of this song? i MUST hear it!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Anyone have the ripped full version from the radio yet?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    Anyone planning on seeing them in Asheville at the Orange Peel next month? I think I will definitely be making the trek. It's been 10 years since I saw them last.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • SmashingPumpkins.com just updated with the cover. I think it looks good.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Cover looks pretty cool... any word on that song hitting the net?
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I like the album cover, but not as a Smashing Pumpkins album cover if that makes sense. Also, anyone else noticed the "the" is dropped and they are just Smashing Pumpkins again? :D

Tarantula sounds cool, a bit poppy, but they need to get back in the game so this is a must. They've been out of the public since '98 so this album has got to make a splash.

Can't wait for the whole album, and tour.
  • western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
    I see they're conforming w/ normal release dates now too. I kind of liked the idea of it getting released on a Saturday 7/7/07. Oh well.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
    I see they're conforming w/ normal release dates now too. I kind of liked the idea of it getting released on a Saturday 7/7/07. Oh well.
    iTunes: 07/07/07
    How much say do they really get for retail outlets?
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    its pretty decent sounding... i wonder if he even remembers what the early days even sounded like... gish and Siamese dream i still consider amazing i dont care how old they are now.... they are timeless albums to me.. its almost like he's still stuck in the machina phase.. which is fine... but a hint of the old days would be cool.. oh well this is going by 30 seconds of something ive heard twice now.... lol who knows what the rest of the album will bring
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    its pretty decent sounding... i wonder if he even remembers what the early days even sounded like... gish and Siamese dream i still consider amazing i dont care how old they are now.... they are timeless albums to me.. its almost like he's still stuck in the machina phase.. which is fine... but a hint of the old days would be cool.. oh well this is going by 30 seconds of something ive heard twice now.... lol who knows what the rest of the album will bring
    My only complaint is his overpowering effects that became very prominent in the MACHINA era. Strip it down to a clean riff and it's solid guitarwork in my opinion.
  • bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    Anyone planning on seeing them in Asheville at the Orange Peel next month? I think I will definitely be making the trek. It's been 10 years since I saw them last.

I'll be at night one, June 23.
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    Assuming I can get the tickets, I am planning on hitting the shows on the 30th and the 2nd in Asheville...
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I worshipped the SP back in the day, but don't get your hopes up on the live show, they are far far from the best live band I've seen. they're not terrible, but their live shows aren't close to Pearl Jam or Alice in Chains' shows.
  • bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    MLC2006 wrote:
    I worshipped the SP back in the day, but don't get your hopes up on the live show, they are far far from the best live band I've seen. they're not terrible, but their live shows aren't close to Pearl Jam or Alice in Chains' shows.

I saw 'em twice in '94 and they kicked ass.
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    bird jam wrote:
    I saw 'em twice in '94 and they kicked ass.

They were kind of hit or miss, the show I saw in 2000 was fucking epic as far as I was concerned, but I know people were disapointed in some of the shows that they saw over the years.

I think these residency shows should be pretty loose and fun, small venues, not a lot of pressure, etc. I think it will be good times.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    MLC2006 wrote:

I saw them in '96, and the show was good. Billy's attitude that night sucked, but that didn't take away from their performance.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks