The Smashing Pumpkins Adore... yes (yet) another pumpkins thread!

GivenToFlyFreakGivenToFlyFreak Posts: 86
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Alright, so I've been on a HUGE Pumpkins bender here now for the last few months... That coupled with getting an iPod and learning about torrents, well I have been able to unearth (to me at least) some downright jems from their live shows.

I was always a fan of their album Adore (in fact I'd bet most true Pumpkins fans would say that's one of their top 3 albums), anyhow we all know Adore was a different direction for the Pumpkins, but to hear those songs live... WOW, no AMAZING!!! Those tours in '98 were something special...

You can get the entire Adore album live here:

http://www.thepumpkins.net/music/music_-_adore_live.html

The band was so tight on these songs, the arrangements are beautiful, from the piano, to the sweeping guitars, Billy's voice... damn I can't wait to see how the new album sounds!

That is all... as you were! =)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I disagree, and I shouldn't because I haven't heard it all yet. But this could not be anywhere near the top three Pumpkins albums without Jimmy on board. Maybe live when he was back, but not having him during the songwriting process, well I should listen to the whole album first and stop here.
  • adore is my favorite, too. it's sad and beautiful at the same time. billy's got talent.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    Adore is by far my favorite SP album. There isn't one song on it that I don't love. Now I'm going to have to listen to it. :)
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • Adore is a very good album, and it's awesome live.
    Hey I, ooooooohhh, I'm still ALIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Just got adore a couple weeks ago. I don't know why i waited so long to get it but anyways... it's amazing. It took me a little bit to get into it but now that i've listened to it for a while... it's definetely in the top 3.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • danny72688 wrote:
    I disagree, and I shouldn't because I haven't heard it all yet. But this could not be anywhere near the top three Pumpkins albums without Jimmy on board. Maybe live when he was back, but not having him during the songwriting process, well I should listen to the whole album first and stop here.
    If i had to put them in order, this would absolutely be in my top 3 (SD, Machina, and Adore would have to be the choices). I agree with his statement that any true pumpkins' fan will put that album in the top 3.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • If i had to put them in order, this would absolutely be in my top 3 (SD, Machina, and Adore would have to be the choices). I agree with his statement that any true pumpkins' fan will put that album in the top 3.

I guess I'm not a true Pumpkin fan ;)
    Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie (blue disc), Gish/MACHINA are tied.
  • danny72688 wrote:
    I guess I'm not a true Pumpkin fan ;)
    Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie (blue disc), Gish/MACHINA are tied.
    Gish (though good) is not even close to Machina!

"Make our day"
  • Gish (though good) is not even close to Machina!

I'm sorry but Bury Me buries (;)) anything on MACHINA.
  • danny72688 wrote:
    I'm sorry but Bury Me buries (;)) anything on MACHINA.
    Yeah anything except everything but "The Imploding Voice". Other than that Machina blows Gish away.

Cmon dude..

Stand Inside Your Love, Raindrops + Sunshowers, I of the Mourning, Try Try Try, Heavy Metal Machine... god even Machina II stomps Gish into the ground! (and I do love Gish)

"Make our day"
  • Yeah anything except everything but "The Imploding Voice". Other than that Machina blows Gish away.

Cmon dude..

Stand Inside Your Love, Raindrops + Sunshowers, I of the Mourning, Try Try Try, Heavy Metal Machine... god even Machina II stomps Gish into the ground! (and I do love Gish)

Age of Innocence it tits too!
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Age of Innocence it tits too!
    I'm not familiar with your use of the word 'tits' here :p

"Make our day"
  • I'm not familiar with your use of the word 'tits' here :p

Let's just say Age of Innocence is a damn fine closer :);)
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I Of The Morning is my second favourite from Machina, probably because I watched them live on Letterman, they really rocked this song live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BhGaEI8qvY&mode=related&search=
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Let's just say Age of Innocence is a damn fine closer :);)

good call. my favorite track from machina is either that, or glass + the ghost children, probably because it's what they opened with when i saw them live.

i don't think i could pick a pumpkins top 3....it would change every month. right now i'm really into machina and pisces iscariot. as for adore, it will always hold a place in my heart, especially behold! the nightmare, which may be one of the finest songs billy has ever written. simply brilliant.
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • Adore was a very theatrical album, and I loved Billy's mixture of classical music influence and combining it with electronica and acoustic rock, however Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is the Pumpkins masterpiece. Muzzle is their greatest song EVER!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I like these arrangements too. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I always thought Machina has some good moments but overall was a dissapointing record, to the point where I haven't even ripped it to Itunes which means I haven't bothered to listen to it in well over a year, for comparisons sake adore was last played in like may, maybe tommorrow though I'll have to make sure it's still on the ole Ipod
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    great album which took me awhile to fall in love with..
    For Martha is just one of the best songs i ever heard in me life..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Im a true pumpkin fan and there are some adore songs I still cant stand! Namely Crestfallen and Annie Dog.These songs live a still cant stomach.
    But,Ava Adore(2000),For Martha(2000) and To Shelia(99) kickass over any 98 concert.I suggest you listen to them.

I love ALL the albums but...Adore ranks 6th ...SD,Gish,PI,MCIS,TAFH,Adore,M2,M1,Judas O
  • top 3? yikes...

siamese dream
    pisces
    gish
    mellon collie

adore
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • I don't understand why MCIS is so "disrispected". It's the masterpiece of the band, and for me the masterpiece of that decade.
    Hey I, ooooooohhh, I'm still ALIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I don't understand why MCIS is so "disrispected". It's the masterpiece of the band, and for me the masterpiece of that decade.

Thanks for agreeing with me, although Siamese Dream is a close 2nd!!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • billy corgan = worst voice ever
  • billy corgan = worst voice ever

Corgan's technically not that great of a vocalist, but you have to give the man credit...he has so much passion for what he does, that you can't hate his voice even though it's not all that great...and his guitar skills blow the fuck out of many guitarists who ppl claim to be "legends."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio