'American Gothic' new Smashing Pumpkins E.P. out Jan. 2nd

GivenToFlyFreakGivenToFlyFreak Posts: 86
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Billy posted on the Pumpkins website that they have a new four song acoustic E.P. out on January 2nd! It's an iTunes only release and includes the songs listed below...

You can hear The Rose March on http://www.thepumpkins.net (under residency songs).

Posted By
BillyCorgan

I emerge from my seemingly eternal self-imposed silence to bring good news! The collective We is happy to announce that We have just finished a new acoustic e.p. entitled 'American Gothic' that features 4 new songs:

- The Rose March
- Again, Again, Again (the crux)
- POX
- Sunkissed
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Very cool.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Probably all the b-sides they wish they'd put on the crappy album.

J/K, I don't really care about the Pumpkins. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • That message above is funny (and all to often true with Billy & the Pumpkins)... I've never seen one man fight his creativity so much. I mean look at Pisces Iscariot & The Aeroplane Flies High he said that some of that stuff was too much like Siamese Dream... Hell even the early Zwan stuff (namely a song called Chrysantham) he said was too Pumpkins.

If it's anything like the acoustic stuff he came up with at the residency shows in Asheville & SF I'm stoked!
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    fuck yeah, bring it on. is it just an itunes release or will there be a physical release?
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    itsevobaby wrote:
    fuck yeah, bring it on. is it just an itunes release or will there be a physical release?
    In the U.S., iTunes is the exclusive retailer; elsewhere in the world, American Gothic will be available as a physical product at retail.

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_2846
  • I'm so on itunes Jan 2nd!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Listening to it now... Track one and 2 kind of passed over me without incident, but I've just read that Pete Townshend advised corgan to release track one... so maybe it needs another listen... its a bit linear, doesn't seem very interesting, but may it will grow on me.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Listening to it now... Track one and 2 kind of passed over me without incident, but I've just read that Pete Townshend advised corgan to release track one... so maybe it needs another listen... its a bit linear, doesn't seem very interesting, but may it will grow on me.
    Track one is the rose march right?
    I heard it live and loved it.

have not downloaded this yet though.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22