New Smashing Pumpkins music... (post Zeitgeist)

GivenToFlyFreakGivenToFlyFreak Posts: 86
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Yep, according to http://www.smashingpumpkins.com they should have more studio material to release right around the 1st of the year! WOOHOOO... say what you will about Zeitgeist, but the material came across well live, and some of the songs they wrote while on tour were great!

Here's the blog by Jimmy taken from their website:

'Greetings, I hope these words find you all at peace.

First I'd like to thank everyone for their prayers and energy. It was well received and I'm feeling much better. The tour was a rock rampage and now we are back in the studio recording some songs for a possible release worldwide.

Look for these around the first of the year. Busy Bees !

I wish all a Happy Holiday and a productive 08!'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Well, personally, I hope they record a decent version of Gossamer, a song they played live but wasn't on the record. I'm betting some of the songs from the residency shows end up on there, too.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Is the music gonna be as bad as that on Zeitgeist?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    choice bro.

yours sincerely,
    zeitgeist fan
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I got to hear gossamer live and it was awesome i hope they record it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I saw the 4 Philly shows and you'd have thought they'd have played it at least once, but nooooooooooooooooooooooo....
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    odd that they didnt for four nights...maybe burnt out, considering its like 25 minutes. got it one of the two nights in SF i saw them - enjoyable, but needless to say im glad i didnt have to destroy my ears to it after standing 2 hours in pit the second night as well
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    I dunno if I'd like a studio Gossamer? listening to the AOL session Superchrist, the only properly recorded version of the song and to me, it lost something a wee bit.

I've loved any the new songs I've heard them play live :)
    Yeah, I understand I will likely be disappointed by a studio version- the spontaneity of live performance definitely adds something. With b0lly being a notorious perfectionist, I can see them overdoing it, but I still would like to see them try.
    r1vers wrote:
    odd that they didnt for four nights...maybe burnt out, considering its like 25 minutes.

Well, they haven't actually played it since the SF shows. They've soundchecked it numerous times on the fall tour, and it was even on a couple setlists (St Paul for one, but instead we got With Every Light (UGH) and Today), but it was never played. I just figured that was because the US tour shows were more mainstream than the Residencies and Euro shows, but I also figured they'd stretch a little bit at the Philly shows since they had four nights. But no, two of the shows were fairly similar, and though they did do an acoustic set on the last night, the electric set was nothing different either.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    AndySlash wrote:
    Well, they haven't actually played it since the SF shows. They've soundchecked it numerous times on the fall tour, and it was even on a couple setlists (St Paul for one, but instead we got With Every Light (UGH) and Today), but it was never played. I just figured that was because the US tour shows were more mainstream than the Residencies and Euro shows, but I also figured they'd stretch a little bit at the Philly shows since they had four nights. But no, two of the shows were fairly similar, and though they did do an acoustic set on the last night, the electric set was nothing different either.

Yeah they only played gossamer in the US at the shows in Asheville & San Fran. Kind of retired it after that.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • That's cool. I did not like Zeitgeist at all, but my ears are always open to Corgan.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I actually thought that the 10 minute guitar wankathon "United States" was the only decent song on Zeitgeist. So maybe this other stuff will be good.