Pumpkins show in Asheville - June 27th... Amazing setlist

GivenToFlyFreakGivenToFlyFreak Posts: 86
edited June 2007 in Other Music
My friend caught the Pumpkins last night in Asheville and said they were on fire, from the looks of the setlist this show kicked ass!

The Best I Can (New song)
In a Dream (New song)
Ma Belle (Zeitgeist B-side)
The Aeroplane Flies High (First time played live by Jimmy, solo kicked ass)
Hummer
Bullet With Butterfly Wings
In My Body (Machina II track, first time ever played)
Fuck You
Bleeding The Orchid
Doomsday
Neverlost
Lucky 13 (Machina II track)
United States
Tonight, Tonight
Tarantula
Starz
Zero
Starla (Amazing B-side)
Blue Skies Bring Tears
Today
I Dont Mind - acoustic (New song)
Rotten Apples - acoustic (B-side of the Aeroplane Flies High boxset)
33 - acoustic
? - acoustic (new song, no title as of yet)
Cherub Rock
Untitled
Shame (completely different from the Adore version)
Silverfuck
With Every Light

Looks like they hit every album except Gish!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    they certainly played a lot of stuff. but opening with 3 new tracks from an as-yet-to-be-released album and then a real obscure number - i hate it when bands do that. i don't know how much of their new stuff has been leaked into the public domain but to me its pretty boring when a band opens with stuff no one knows. i guess billy likes being awkward.
  • Actually those first three songs aren't even on their new record... The first two were written in the last week (so said Billy) and 'Ma Belle' was recorded during the Zeitgeist session, but didn't make the album.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Arctangent wrote:
    they certainly played a lot of stuff. but opening with 3 new tracks from an as-yet-to-be-released album and then a real obscure number - i hate it when bands do that. i don't know how much of their new stuff has been leaked into the public domain but to me its pretty boring when a band opens with stuff no one knows. i guess billy likes being awkward.

If Ed asked the crowd if they'd like to hear three new songs being played all in a row at the start of a gig, would you say no?... if you would you'd be about the only person, lol.

Thats a monster setlist btw, reminiscent (sp?) of PJ. :D
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    billy said part of the reason they are doing the residency is becasue they want to write new songs while they are there and display them to the crowd.

I took it as capture the feeling of the city and energy they are feeling and become creative with it. I thought it is kind of cool theyare doing that.

I'm seeing them on July 5th and i'm very excited!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    I think that is a really cool idea, writing songs while they are around for a week. If Asheville doesn't inspire you creatively....I don't know what would. Great city.
  • aww awwwwwww man they played one of my favorite songs from Machina II (in my body).

The new version of Shame kicks so much ass.. it's different but wonderful is it's own way really.

That's why Corgan wanted to do these residency gigs. I went to the first show so this isn't just hear-say.. the Asheville shows are mind blowingly intimate. It feels like your just hanging out with Corgan and a bunch of other friends.

That atmosphere gives Corgan the ability to just come out and say "I wrote this song last night, I hope you like it". :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    Arctangent wrote:

I dunno, to me it'd be boring for him to come out and play songs I've already heard a lot. Isn't experiencing something new and different the point of going to a live show? I like seeing a band live because I'm hoping to see something they haven't shown me yet, and to feel something I haven't felt yet.
  • lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    chris01 wrote:
    If Ed asked the crowd if they'd like to hear three new songs being played all in a row at the start of a gig, would you say no?... if you would you'd be about the only person, lol.

Thats a monster setlist btw, reminiscent (sp?) of PJ. :D
    That IS a monster setlist isn't it....I really didn't think the new band members would be able to pull off such variety so soon. They must be working hard.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I was there! Totally didn't see Aeroplane coming :D
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    wow. what a setlist! im so glad to see the pumpkins back. and who wouldnt be excited to hear three new tracks opening a show? imagine if you were at a PJ show and they decided to open with three new songs noone has heard before. man, that must've been AMAZING!

all hail the lucky ones who were there!

and thanks to whoever posted the setlist :)
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I know the show that I went to on Tuesday night was great and very intimate. A good mix of the old stuff (minus Gish which did suck) with the new stuff. The news songs sound great live and the band is on fire. I am just glad that I could witness it again.

P.S.-"In My Body" was featured on Tuesday for the first time. :)
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • That is an incredible setlist! Rotten Apples, Starla, With Every Light, Hummer and Shame...niice! Tomorrow night can't get here soon enough :D
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • That sounds like an awesome setlist! I am loving these shows and can't wait til the boots start rolling out.

Someone on Netphoria is reporting that they just played Mayonaise and Eye in the soundcheck this afternoon!!!
  • Not only that, the other day they also soundchecked Frail & Bedazzled (off Pisces Iscariot), Cherry (from the Aeroplane Flies High boxset), Bury Me, Crush, & Windowpain off Gish and Appels + Oranjes from Adore

After that the band stepped out and talked with a couple of fans who heard the sound check and Billy said something to the effect of, 'You guys got the once in a decade performance right there'

I can't wait for the SF shows, I've got tix to two!!!
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Last night saw the return of Heavy Metal Machine. Kind of surprised they haven't broken out I Am One, Siva, or Ava Adore yet.

Hopefully they are working up Cash Car Star, Dross, Sped Kills, Porcelina, and Thru The Eyes of Ruby. Four more Ashville shows to go though. Plus they may be saving some bust outs for the San Fran run.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    great thing is that there are so many more shows left to play more stuff!
  • superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119
    Arctangent wrote:
    they certainly played a lot of stuff. but opening with 3 new tracks from an as-yet-to-be-released album and then a real obscure number - i hate it when bands do that..

obscure number= fan favorite.

I think you are the only one that didnt like the pumpkins bringing out TAFH