Pink Floyd to Reunite?

PHATJPHATJ Posts: 348
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Roger Waters says he would rejoin his former Pink Floyd band mates...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/pink_floyd_to_reunite.html
"I'll Ride the wave where it takes me. I'll Hold the pain. RELEASE ME!"

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    they're 95 years old......
  • so you....
    thought ya......
    might like to......
    go to the show.....................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    PHATJ wrote:
    Roger Waters says he would rejoin his former Pink Floyd band mates...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/pink_floyd_to_reunite.html
    yeah so what this is old news. and i read somewhere that he will never joing the band casue of musical difference its not happen and it never will happen. pigs could fly backwards before waters joins the band
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• I don't believe it...http://www.ultimate-guitar.com is definetly not a reliable source...the fake article they posted about the new Pearl Jam album proved this. Besides Roger Waters said in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine that Live 8 was a one-off and he had no plans to reform the band.
    the needle & the damage done
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    Waters said that about a week after the show. It's Gilmour who's the douche now. They have both struck me as bitter over the years, and perhaps too enamoured of eachother to admit that either of them were wrong to treat eachother so poorly. They should just shag and get it over with. Solo albums from either of them are only half of what they could be working collectively.

Either way, I wish that they would get on with it.
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Gilmour is touring soon with his band and has said in recent interview "I have no desire to tour with PF. I am touring with my band. This should quell any PF tour rumors" (not verbatim, but close enough).
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • I don't believe it...http://www.ultimate-guitar.com is definetly not a reliable source...the fake article they posted about the new Pearl Jam album proved this. Besides Roger Waters said in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine that Live 8 was a one-off and he had no plans to reform the band.

What article did they post about PJ's new album. Ultimate-Guitar is pretty reliable, and I have read the interview where Roger Waters said that stuff. The Rolling Stones interview was right around the time they got the offer to rejoin. I doubt it will happen, but Gilmour and Waters have effectively swapped views on whether or not Pink Floyd should reunite.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    heh...waters should reform floyd w/o gilmour and give him a tatse of his own medicine...lol

Of course, who could play guitar like David? The correct answer is no one.

Floyd with Robert Fripp on guitar would be interesting though.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    It's true that Roger wants to, but I also read that there's no way Dave will. Trust me if anyone wants it to happen it's me, but I'm very much doubting it
  • Oh Jimmy wrote:
    What article did they post about PJ's new album. Ultimate-Guitar is pretty reliable, and I have read the interview where Roger Waters said that stuff. The Rolling Stones interview was right around the time they got the offer to rejoin. I doubt it will happen, but Gilmour and Waters have effectively swapped views on whether or not Pink Floyd should reunite.

They've taken it down now but they definetly had an article up a while ago that turned out to be completely false. I'm pretty sure it was the 'Kelly Curtis Interview' one, where they mentioned tour dates and stuff about the new album.
    the needle & the damage done