wooohooooo...seeing incubus at the hammerstein!

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
edited November 2006 in Other Music
wow! that was EASY! i guess i am so accustomed to the frenzy of getting pearl jam tix, i was definitely afraid i'd get shut out of the incubus pre-sale. i can't believe it, my first time seeing incubus, and at SUCH a small venue...and one of my faves!

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :cool:
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just got two tickets for the Electric Factory in Philly!
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • oooohh!! d2d!! i'm sooooo jealous! :o

unfortunately, i've already been shut out of the presale, since Canadians weren't elegible, even though they're playing a show here in Toronto... grrr... :mad:

give brandon a little kiss for me, eh?

:D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • actually - can someone give me a password to try?
    were they specific to each city?

pleeeeease? :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Any idea what the promotion password is for the presale? For hammerstein?
  • actually - can someone give me a password to try?
    were they specific to each city?

pleeeeease? :D

sorry babe. can only purchase one show per password. :(
    otherwise i would gladly share.

i am sooo psyched i finally get to see incubus live! :D and at the hammerstein?! :eek: love the venue...can walk there from the train so easily......beautiful place....pretty intimate.....it will be amazing! hubby and i saw the black crowes there 2 years ago....and it was great! the hammerstein and roseland ballroom, 2 of the best venues in NYC....saw audioslave at roseland 2 years ago too.....love these small venues. sure, pearl jam at irving plaza....even better ;)...but yea....i only had one ticket to that...so nice for us i could get two this time. :p it'll be nice for us to share another intimate concert together, and he is really looking forward to seeing them live as well, loves em as i do too....so a GREAT night out for us! woooohooooo! :cool:

but sure...i'll send a kiss brandon's way for ya m'dear. ;)

edit - yeaaaaaa.......my e-tickets already in my mailbox.....i am so THERE! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• so how do you get a password?
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 965
    i hate the fact that Canadians cant buy presale. whats the point? why do they even come here?
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • so how do you get a password?

You had to have pre-ordered the new album from Sony, I think.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • It's so much better
    When everyone is in are you in
    Ooooh..............Are you in?

:D

btw - yes, you had to preorder the new cd thru sonymusic online to get a password for the presale, and was only good to purchase one show.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• i cannot wait to see incubus live...watch jose hammer away on his drumkit! i am getting sooooo psyched for this show!!! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Good luck at Hammerstein man... I've heard that place is off the hook. I'm waiting to "presale" mine for 930 Club on Wednesday... *crosses fingers*
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    tell them to play redefine and if they don't than yell out its cause their new bassist sucks
  • Ben Kenney... sucks. *pukes all over comment*
  • AranarthAranarth Posts: 227
    gonna see them in Cologne, will be sweet
  • it IS gonna be SWEET!

and i really don't want to get into it *here*...as this thread is simply all about the excitement of seeing incubus live...especially at the hammerstein, one of my fave venues. that said, i do NOT think ben kinney sucks, not at ALL. he is a very capable, talented, tasteful bass player, very much so. yea, he IS different from the original, a lot. but that doens't make him suck...merely different. dsirk was more in line with flea from the chili peppers.....whereas ben seems a bit more melodic/funk......not as outspoken, but still beautiful riffs. yep, different. so yea, one may dislike it, may dislike the bass direction...but bottomline, he does not SUCK....merely different styles...and dirk chose to leave incubus, and incubus wanted to carry on...and i for one am glad they did. hell, i LOVE the dvd of the live at red rocks performance, and ben does NOT suck, at ALL there. my husband is a bass player, over 20 years...and he completely appreciates the work of BOTH musicians. so sure, i can appreciate4 liking one over the other, but it is unfair at best to discount the work of a VERY capable musician over it. just my 2 cents.

that said, i am sooooo looking forward to this show!!! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Oh baby baby, I got two tickets / night at 9:30 Club through the pre-sale this morn... hoping to get 2 more / night on Friday when the general sale goes on... can't wait!
  • exactly one more month until live incubus for me. :D

btw:
    Skooled wrote:
    tell them to play redefine and if they don't than yell out its cause their new bassist sucks

redefine is NOT a difficult song for a bass player to play, at all....so yea.........:p ben kenney is solid and has his own style/rhythyms...i appreciate what he brings to incubus. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    with all the nerve-wracking over tix today.....don'twant to discount the fact, incubus at the hammerstein in two days!!! it's going to be feckin' cold...glad it's nice and close to penn station as i don't like bringing a heavy coat and the usual scarf/gloves...when i am attneding a GS gig. so freeze my arse off..then sweat my arse off...then freeze again.....hope it's a BLAST! :D

it's so much better when everyone is in
    are you on?

who else is in?
    :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    with all the nerve-wracking over tix today.....don'twant to discount the fact, incubus at the hammerstein in two days!!! it's going to be feckin' cold...glad it's nice and close to penn station as i don't like bringing a heavy coat and the usual scarf/gloves...when i am attneding a GS gig. so freeze my arse off..then sweat my arse off...then freeze again.....hope it's a BLAST! :D

it's so much better when everyone is in
    are you on?

who else is in?
    :p

They put on a really good show last night at the Electric Factory in Philly. Have fun tonight!

I got really lucky too that one of my good friends got us hooked up with passes for the meet and greet beforehand so that was really cool.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    they are playing the orpheum in boston tonight.

wish i could go:(
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'm going to see them for the second time in April - they're playing a pretty small venue here in Ireland so that should make for a good show!

They're magical live - definitely one of the better one's to go see :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Solat13 wrote:
    They put on a really good show last night at the Electric Factory in Philly. Have fun tonight!

I got really lucky too that one of my good friends got us hooked up with passes for the meet and greet beforehand so that was really cool.

you got to meet jose?! :eek: :p:D

i am psyched to be going to my first incubus show...and now i hear they are one of the opening acts for pj in nijmegen, i NEED to get those tix!

jenny...the hammerstein in NYC...one of my most FAVE venues....intimate......just great! hope i can get up front, jose's side. ;) hubby and i will probably tilt the age bracket up a bit, but yea.......:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...