incubus!...at jones beach!...tonight!

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
edited August 2007 in Other Music
great show!

hubby and i had an excellent time! beautiful weather, good crowd......seriously, incubus fans have to be some of the most polite fans out there :).....and a good setlist. sure, it's not pearl jam....90 minutes start to finish, but i expected that.

what i DIDN'T expect was aqueous transmission!!! especially as a closer.....too cool! :cool:
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Heard you got Look Alive too... that's a very nice surprise... they've been playing Punchdrunk in that position... yeah, they've been playing smaller sets because of Mikey's hand; he just got carpal tunnel surgery.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    I really enjoyed their show that I went to a couple of years ago. They closed that show with Aqueous Transmission and it was great....really surreal feeling toward the end of the song.

Glad you had a good time. Next time I get a chance, I am definitely going to go see them again.
  • They've gotten a lot better since the Civic Tour... the one you went to. I saw them last tour (ACLOTM) and they were really good, but I recently saw them this year when they played the smaller shows (saw them twice at the 9:30 Club), and I don't know if it was just because it was a smaller venue, but they fucking rocked it... I think it's more the fact of them just being more relaxed with one-another.
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    great show!

hubby and i had an excellent time! beautiful weather, good crowd......seriously, incubus fans have to be some of the most polite fans out there :).....and a good setlist. sure, it's not pearl jam....90 minutes start to finish, but i expected that.

what i DIDN'T expect was aqueous transmission!!! especially as a closer.....too cool! :cool:

LMAO!! are you copying me?? :D

did you get my text message from the show?

aqueous was beautiful...... :)

unfortunatly, the crowd in toronto wasn't as polite... in fact, they really sucked. good energy, really into the show, but so disrespectful and inconsiderate... :(

i gues i just don't understand the "make-everyone-around-you-as-uncomfortable-as-possible" game anymore....
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Seeing them at PNC tonight.....hope we get a good set too.

Did they play anything off of Fungus or SCIENCE??? (those are my faves....)
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Vitamin... I think that was it... there have been random rare times at shows where people have gotten Nebula and A Certain Shade, but recently, they haven't been playing them... you'll most likely get Vitamin though.
  • Wow nice setlist. Hope Mikey's okay for September 24th at Birmingham! :)
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Heading out to the show at PNC tonight as well. They must come on late because show starts at 8 and there are 2 openers. 17 song set lists are kind of weak, but if someone is hurt, well then I guess it is excusable....

The weather sucks ass, glad I did not get lawn tickets..
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    i went in to the show not ever really listening to incubus except for hearing "drive" on the radio a couple years ago. my friends really like them and invited me and i was pleasently surprised. a really good show. i dont know any song names or anything but almost everything they played i was really into.

oh and fuck you incubus for thinking selling tee shirts for 40 bucks is cool.
  • Too bad it's not up to them to determine their prices.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Heading out to the show at PNC tonight as well. They must come on late because show starts at 8 and there are 2 openers. 17 song set lists are kind of weak, but if someone is hurt, well then I guess it is excusable....

The weather sucks ass, glad I did not get lawn tickets..

you know what, now that I went, and I think about it, a 90 minute set is crap. If a member is hurt, do not tour, or do not play 3 straight nights while on tour. I did not get my tickets discounted, so the sets should not be 'discounted'.
    The 90 minutes they gave were really solid, but we were just getting warmed up and it was over.

They did cover "Let's Go Crazy" tonight, which was pretty cool...
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    [
    I completely agree. I saw them on July 22nd and it was an awesome show, but I don't think we even got 90 minutes. The show was over by 10 pm. Yes, the songs they played were great and really tight, but I was excpecting them to play at least a few more songs.

I won't complain about the price, our tickets were only $18 each.
  • you know what, now that I went, and I think about it, a 90 minute set is crap. If a member is hurt, do not tour, or do not play 3 straight nights while on tour. I did not get my tickets discounted, so the sets should not be 'discounted'.
    The 90 minutes they gave were really solid, but we were just getting warmed up and it was over.

They did cover "Let's Go Crazy" tonight, which was pretty cool...

To be honest... they've always put on around 90 minute shows since ACLOTM... it's weird. I'm thinking it might be because of his hand, but they're not going to let something like that get in their way... I mean, that takes a lot... to just keep touring after surgery. I see where you're coming from, but they have too many dates to just say, "Yeah, we're not going to tour now.".. they don't want to disappoint all those people.

Plus, his hand really started acting up towards the beginning of this new tour... I remember an article that had Mike saying the last show before he got surgery was so bad... he said he literally couldn't play, so he took his guitar and just smashed it because he was so pist off... I felt bad for the guy, and I don't even know him. Haha.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    civ...got your text, but yea....you know me, not one for texting.....:o you got aqueous transmission too? tres cool! :cool:

seriously, i saw incubus in NYC this past winter, now at jones...and seriously, EVERYone was so polite, amazing! we're talking NYers here! ;) hehehe. we ARE a great bunch of folks.

atomic...i hear ya, but honestly....when i saw incubus back in february? i think...roseland ballroom...or hammerstein....same deal, 90 minute set. i think we're all spolied, used to pj and their 2 hour + sets....very few acts do that. just caught rage at rock the bells, not even a full 90 minutes, and i was told....90 minutes is max for them, always...so c'est la vie. i agree, i can always go for more.....but yea, still worth it to me to see em live. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow