MudHoney?

emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
edited August 2007 in Other Music
So didnt go to Chicago- stuck in Seattle- however- Mudhoney is playing at Seafair on Sat and thought I would go since we are going to the pits anyway.
How are they live?
You must be the change you want to see in the world
-Gandhi
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• So didnt go to Chicago- stuck in Seattle- however- Mudhoney is playing at Seafair on Sat and thought I would go since we are going to the pits anyway.
    How are they live?

I saw Monkeywrench open for Pearl Jam. I am a bit short sighted and had no idea who Monkeywrench were so I didn't know who I was listening to.

I really liked them and thought, 'I like the singer' but I had no idea it was Mark Arm. heehee

Yep, it wasn't Mudhoney but half of Mudhoney and I enjoyed it.
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    I saw Mudhoney open for Nirvana and they rocked.
  • Seen em live a couple of times, most recently at koko

they are an acquired taste for sure, but are waaay underated, probably because they didnt dilute their sound.

dont the guys have day jobs as well as the band?

mark arm is an anthropology graduate isnt he? i love into the schtik...thousand forms of mind...sweet young thing aint sweet no more, suck you dry, touch me im sick...

aaahh.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    in a small enough setting, they may be ok, but I saw them open for PJ twice and imo they weren't that good. I have one album of theirs and I'm not a big fan.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I saw them at the koko a couple of years back and they were top dollar!
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    I don't know how they are live, but I've wanted to see them ever since I started to get into their music a couple of years ago.
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    MLC2006 wrote:
    in a small enough setting, they may be ok, but I saw them open for PJ twice and imo they weren't that good. I have one album of theirs and I'm not a big fan.

I saw them open for PJ Key Arena 2002 and the only disappointing thing was the apathetic crowd. Couldn't believe the 10c section (we flew up last minute so didn't have 10c seats), only 1 person on their feet while Mudhoney were rocking the fuck outta their hometown. Lame. There was a small group up where we were who were into it though.
    Steve Earl and even PJ's set the previous night was even worse way in the back (we bought tix the day of). Drunk guys heckling "go back to nashville" and not even clapping for anything but Jeremy and Eflow.
    Back to Mudhoney, before the show Mark walked right by my aisle seat and I got to say what's up for a bit. He's always cool and approachable (as are the rest of the guys).
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • I can't speak on behalf of their live show, but I've heard stories about how cool they are like that guy said ^^^
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"