Love for "Alice in Chains" thread

darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
edited August 2006 in Other Music
This is my all time favorite non-Pearl Jam album. LET'S SHOW SOME LOVE FOR THIS MOTHERFUCKER!!!! Layne's voice is at it's best on this album, and his lyrics bitchslap you like no other. Incredible album, a must own to every hardcore AIC fan!
"Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I really like Frogs :) But I think one song off Jar of Flies is better that any five on Tripod. Tripod is still amazing and I love it.
  • This is my all time favorite non-Pearl Jam album. LET'S SHOW SOME LOVE FOR THIS MOTHERFUCKER!!!! Layne's voice is at it's best on this album, and his lyrics bitchslap you like no other. Incredible album, a must own to every hardcore AIC fan!

fuck yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was on the aic site the other day,( rip layne ) i have almost all aic on my mp3 player right now...
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I love Alice in Chains, but the self titled or "tripod" album is by far my least favorite. Jar of Flies is fucking insane.
  • I don't know what it is about Dirt or Facelift, but i cannot listen to those two albums anymore, I think its the fact that every band has ripped it off that it has aged quite a bit. Tripod is my favorite full length AIC album, and I would not be able to tell if it was released today. It's just amazing, no other band could have made that album. Shame In You might be my favorite song of all time.
    "I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-Pees R Us."

-Ed
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Just got my tickets to see AIC at the Tabernacle in Atlanta :):D:):D

the presale was locked up and i thought it was sold out then BAM after like a million times trying it let me on to grab tickets :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    brilliant stuff - favourites at the moment are probably Brush Away and Again, but lots of love for the whole album. Legendary band. Pity it turned out to be their last :(
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    This is my all time favorite non-Pearl Jam album. LET'S SHOW SOME LOVE FOR THIS MOTHERFUCKER!!!! Layne's voice is at it's best on this album, and his lyrics bitchslap you like no other. Incredible album, a must own to every hardcore AIC fan!
    I can't agree that layne's voice is at his best on it but its so pained and emotional that its still amazing. His pipes were better on Facelift and Dirt
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • CageyCagey Posts: 220
    I love Alice in Chains, but the self titled or "tripod" album is by far my least favorite. Jar of Flies is fucking insane.

Agreed.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I would say that Facelift and Tripod are tied for second place. Depends on my mood as to which I prefer to listen to.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    While Facelift was their most energetic work, there's no denying the fact that this album was their darkest and most bitter, but that's what attracted me to it. Lately I've been into "So Close" and "Grind" but I absolutely adore "Shame in You."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    now the body of one soul I adore wants to die
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • reditalianreditalian Posts: 329

Damn right!!!
    I'm hoping to get tickets saterday for the T.O. show *crosses fingers on both hands*
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Too bad the band didn't have a tour to support this album when it was released.

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio