Any Danzig fans?

darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I was wondering if there were any Danzig fans on here? I think that Glenn Danzig has a fucking amazing voice and the band itself sounds like Jim Morrison singing for AC/DC, has a really dark and sweet vibe!!! So, any fans?
"Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    HUGE Danzig fan here.. Love the first three albums especially (Danzig I is still the best ever IMO)... Haven't listened to much of the newer stuff, but I dig listening to the early stuff all the time..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • oh yeah...fortunately my tattoo artist is a big danzig fan and we usually throw some on when i get work done...nice and evil

devil's plaything, twist of cain, she rides, long way back from hell, thirteen, am i demon...so many great tunes..."danzig" is probably one of my favourite cd's that i have

i miss the misfits with danzig on vocals. there are no misfits without him...:(
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I am a fan, though not die hard. I will say, live, that guy commands a stage like no other. He just rules it. His presense is unbelievable.

His first release is incredible and everything else has been pretty spotty. I really love How the Gods Kill though.

Misfits are criminally underrated (as far as Punk history goes).
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    motherrrrrrrrr
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • i've only ever heard "mother" and it gave me chills.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Danzig used to be one of my favorite bands...I still think his work with the Misfits and the first four Danzig albums are scarily underrated, even by the punk and metal crowds. Everything hes done since the 4th album has been pretty lame though...
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Tyson1990Tyson1990 Posts: 13
    Danzig's fuckin cool. I don't have any of his CDs, but I loved the first CD and Circle of Snakes.
    Soy un perdedor
    I’m a loser baby, so why don’t you kill me?
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    THe first three disc's were pretty solid. I have only heard bits and pieces after those.

I don't listen to him much anymore but i enjoyed the first three albums back in the day
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Yeah, I've been thinking about going out to get some more of their albums. I love Glenn Danzig's vocals though. I've heard he's been nicknamed the "Heavy Elvis" and that he's like "Jim Morrison singing for AC/DC."
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee