Red Hot Chili Peppers in Champaign, IL

darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
edited March 2007 in Other Music
So I saw the Chili Peppers in Champaign, IL last night. I have to say, they put on quite a show!!! First of all, they opened with "Can't Stop" which I think is a great opener. When you least expected it, they busted out "If You Have to Ask" which is my all time fav. RHCP song!! They had a really nice animation in the backdrop during Parallel Universe and Snow, they busted out Me and My Friends, and as an encore they played Soul to Squeeze!!! John and Flea rocked during the jam sessions they had, and before the encore Chad did a nice drum solo. They might not be Pearl Jam, but they still put on a hell of a show IMO.
"Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    i agree ;)
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    They killed both nights I saw them back in October. Anthony's vocals were right on too. I have never understood the Chili Pepper hate.
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    I saw them too in October in Boston, and I thought it was a great show too. But you got If You Have to Ask, Parallel Universe, and Soul to Squeeze??? I hate you... :(
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    i agree ;)

Love the sig
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I agree. I Saw them in Dallas in January and they put on a great show. I don't really understand all the RHCP hate around here on their live shows :confused: . The Dallas show certainly was not boring at all, they were all energetic. I know they play the same set almost every night, but alot of bands do and it's because they have a multimedia show. I'm looking forward to seeing RHCP live again someday.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    On the two nights I saw them they played five different songs from the previous night. I know that's not alot by PJ standards but I was very pleased.

Brez, I saw them in Boston too. Was sitting 3rd row on the floor in the center. Even managed to catch one of Chad's drumsticks. I ecstatic that they closed with I Could Have Lied. Awesome show!
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Good to know I'm not the only one that thinks they put on a good live show.

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    they busted out "If You Have to Ask" which is my all time fav. RHCP song!!

Same here!!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
    Same here!!

Awesome!!! That song is so amazing!!! But I also love Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Wet Sand.

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    I think the Chili Peppers are one of the best live rock bands in the world. I can't think of another band that comes close to what you get when John and Flea go off together. Their improvs are incredible.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    So I saw the Chili Peppers in Champaign, IL last night. I have to say, they put on quite a show!!! First of all, they opened with "Can't Stop" which I think is a great opener. When you least expected it, they busted out "If You Have to Ask" which is my all time fav. RHCP song!! They had a really nice animation in the backdrop during Parallel Universe and Snow, they busted out Me and My Friends, and as an encore they played Soul to Squeeze!!! John and Flea rocked during the jam sessions they had, and before the encore Chad did a nice drum solo. They might not be Pearl Jam, but they still put on a hell of a show IMO.

Damn you, i want to be there when they play soul to squeeze. I love when they play me and my friends.
    Oh yeah, they played Me and My Friends too!! Lots of surprises that night!!!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio