Marilyn Manson "Eat Me, Drink Me"

darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Anyone else get this album? I got it from a friend last night and I'm listening to it right now. I must say, it's quite good. So far, it sounds like one of his better albums but only time will tell. Any Manson fans here and anyone else enjoy the new albums? Discuss!!!
"Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    I have it and I like it.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I bought the album one week ago.
    I listened to it 3 or 4 times and I must say it seems quite good.
    I've loved Marilyn Manson for years (since mechanical animals)
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Critics gave it only decent reviews which really surprised me after I listened to it. I think it's up there with Antichrist Superstar and Holy Wood as one of his best albums IMO. Probably gonna listen to it again soon. Also heard he's touring with Slayer right now. Would be a good show to attend!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    i must pick up a copy...~

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    I like Evidence. I like tracks 2-7. I expected something different from him and ain't dissapointed, it's a sexy album.
  • Worst. Album title. Ever.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Worst. Album title. Ever.

Nope. Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavoured Water.:) Or even Willenium.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Nope. Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavoured Water.:) Or even Willenium.:)

Willennium! LOL that's a pretty funny one.

Fair enough, but 'Eat Me, Drink Me' is hardly as clever as Antichrist Superstar. It just makes me think of the song 'Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me' by U2. Bleurrrgh.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Willennium! LOL that's a pretty funny one.

Fair enough, but 'Eat Me, Drink Me' is hardly as clever as Antichrist Superstar. It just makes me think of the song 'Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me' by U2. Bleurrrgh.

True, I must admit the title does nothing for me, it's pretty bad.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • great album - but the title is actually because Manson is directing/producing a biopic on Lewis Carroll...thus the Alice in Wonderland reference.

I like this album - and I dont really like-like Manson
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Yeah it was impressive for Manson I thought. Anyone ever seen him live?

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031

Ive seen them live twice, hopefully 3 times soon, amazing show as you would expect
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352

ive seen them four times dating back to '94 when they opened for NIN on the downward spiral tour. saw them twice on the antichrist superstar tour where there were protesters picketing the shows. great live act. check 'em out if you get the chance. i hope to again soon.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    i wonder how or if the live show will be altered since now "marilyn manson" as an entity seems to be less a band and now just a man. this whole album was just him and that one dude... whatever happened to the other band members?

i've only had the chance to listen to EMDM about twice now. i like it, but i dont' love it. it gets a little boring to me. it does sound very different from previous albums though. i read someone reviewing it and said that it's more about brian warner this time around than about the persona known as marilyn manson. if that's what he intended, then he pulled it off quite well. everything about the album fits that idea, down to the artwork. it's a personal record about the inner struggle of an individual, to get out of a depression and to be reinvigorated by love. i really need to listen to it more. i think i respect the record more than i like it. i hope i like it better each time i hear it. it certainly hasn't grabbed me the way mechanical animals or holy wood did, but i find it a vast improvement over "golden age."
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    i wonder how or if the live show will be altered since now "marilyn manson" as an entity seems to be less a band and now just a man. this whole album was just him and that one dude... whatever happened to the other band members?

i've only had the chance to listen to EMDM about twice now. i like it, but i dont' love it. it gets a little boring to me. it does sound very different from previous albums though. i read someone reviewing it and said that it's more about brian warner this time around than about the persona known as marilyn manson. if that's what he intended, then he pulled it off quite well. everything about the album fits that idea, down to the artwork. it's a personal record about the inner struggle of an individual, to get out of a depression and to be reinvigorated by love. i really need to listen to it more. i think i respect the record more than i like it. i hope i like it better each time i hear it. it certainly hasn't grabbed me the way mechanical animals or holy wood did, but i find it a vast improvement over "golden age."

it's funny i just recently realized how much i love "mechanical animals". i play that cd alot. when first got it i liked it but didnt love it. i thought it was different then "antichrist superstar", which i loved when it came out. now i'm older and i love MA much more. maybe i grew up some. i'm kinda the same as you with EMDM. i like it, but don't love it. i hope it grows on me more.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• niallniall Posts: 244
    I too love mechanical albums. Half that album is so emotional contains some of mansons best work. The production on that album is superb. I haven't really liked mansons last 2 albums. I would say Holywood was his last good album.
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    Mechanical Animals is probs my fav album of all time
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D