New Collective Soul due out August 28th

darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Anyone else excited about this? I plan on getting it the day it comes out. It's only going to be available at Target and on iTunes, but the new single "Hollywood" sounds promising. I'm going to see them in Louisiville, KY this Friday along with Live and Counting Crows.
"Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Wait, is it still 1998?
  • I'm looking forward to it. However, I thought Hollywood was just terrible. I deleted it from my computer after listening to it for about 30 seconds, I couldn't take any more.
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
  • Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
    i really hated hollywood but i'm still gonna get the CD
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • Anyone else excited about this? I plan on getting it the day it comes out. It's only going to be available at Target and on iTunes, but the new single "Hollywood" sounds promising. I'm going to see them in Louisiville, KY this Friday along with Live and Counting Crows.

All three bands put on a great show in Wilmington, DE for first nite of tour...so good that i think im gonna go to the Fishkill, NY show Aug 25th
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • I am disappointed by the direction of this band since Dosage. Blender had some very catchy stuff, but really overproduced. I heard Hollywood on the radio and I could barely stand the song. I thought it sounded generic, much like Live's music since The Distance to Here. Granted, Collective Soul has never been great innovators, but I like to think of them for what they were, not what they have become.

I should also mention that I've seen CS twice, for tours behind the third and fourth albums. Both were really good shows. Also saw Live once, great rock show.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Tomorrow's the show!!! Really looking forward to it!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I have seen Live twice and Collective Soul once, and I have Counting Crows live album. I think you'll definitely get your money's worth. Live particularly puts on a VERY good show. but then, that's been about 8-10 years since I saw them and probably 13 years since I saw CS.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I just got back from the show not too long ago. GREAT GREAT SHOW OVERALL!!! Really impressed with Live and Collective Soul. Counting Crows were good, but after seeing really energetic shows from the previous bands, I think CC should've opened. Great performances nonetheless.

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • sickwilliesickwillie Posts: 178
    I have Hints, self titled and Disciplined Breakdown. I think that's all I need. But I have to hand it to CS; they could have packed it in long ago, yet they soldier on. I think they have a genuine love for what they're doing, and I admire any band that has that going for them.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV