Options

sleater-kinney 'the woods'

steppenwolfsteppenwolf Posts: 164
edited January 2006 in Other Music
better late than never. i finally took a listen to this cd yesterday. i haven't stopped listening since. i haven't got stuck on an album like this since vs came out.

outstanding.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yes!! You have to be pretty f'n stupid to not like Sleater-kinney...The woods is a GREAT Album...I love Rollercoaster
    holier than Thou
    Bring it on cause i'm no victim
  • Options
    i love them all. great album throughout. this cd just rocks, there's nothing more i can say about it. pure, excellent, rocking rock.
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I dont say this very often, but i think it might be a flawless album. It really is outstanding. AND, i dont normally like chick bands, so loving this album is quite a surprise to me! Just shows that you can't help but love excellent rock music! :D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    The woods is friggin fantastic, i mean it blew me away when i first heard it , and i thought they could never top one beat but they did. every song fucking rocks and i am soo glad i got to see them this year opening for PJ, i cant wait till they tour again ontheir own
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been a fan since "Dig Me Out" and it's like they just keep getting better with each album.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Options
    still going strong.
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    still going strong.

More LOVE for the girls!

btw, LOVE your signature, Carrie on Entertain is so cool!! I love it when she cuses in that song :D

have you seen them live yet? it is a WHOLE other experience:)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    More LOVE for the girls!

btw, LOVE your signature, Carrie on Entertain is so cool!! I love it when she cuses in that song :D

My brother saw them at the reading festival and said they weren't that good as they seemed to be jamming too much!
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    better late than never. i finally took a listen to this cd yesterday. i haven't stopped listening since. i haven't got stuck on an album like this since vs came out.

outstanding.

Love the loud feedback intro to The Fox. It's like right from the get go this album is gonna kick your ass!

SK is definately in my top 5 bands.
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    More LOVE for the girls!

so i've heard. i'm still kicking myself for missing them last year. they were here...played just a few blocks from where i live. that won't happen again.
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    My brother saw them at the reading festival and said they weren't that good as they seemed to be jamming too much!

Well, that is at a festival, and yes, they do jam a lot, but that is what they are known for. We saw them at the Fillmore in SF in 2004, it was so intimate that they connected w/the audience so much. I highly suggest to see them at a tiny venue :D

<~~~~listening to the Fox :D Corin is a little Grace Slick :p
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    so i've heard. i'm still kicking myself for missing them last year. they were here...played just a few blocks from where i live. that won't happen again.

awww, why do you say that?! Where do you live? I am pretty sure if they played there, they will play again sometime down the line :D you just got to be hopeful :) If not, well, you can write to them and tell them you want them there again :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    What's Yours Is Mine & Modern Girl are favorites...Jumpers is the song on my Myspace page right now.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Hell yeah. PBM knows. Whats Mine Is Yours and Modern Girl. I just got a couple of friends to fall in love with Whats Mine Is Yours.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    awww, why do you say that?! Where do you live? I am pretty sure if they played there, they will play again sometime down the line :D you just got to be hopeful :) If not, well, you can write to them and tell them you want them there again :D

I think they'll play here again sometime soon. I'm not too worried about it. And I'll be there this time, of course.
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Well, that is at a festival, and yes, they do jam a lot, but that is what they are known for. We saw them at the Fillmore in SF in 2004, it was so intimate that they connected w/the audience so much. I highly suggest to see them at a tiny venue :D

<~~~~listening to the Fox :D Corin is a little Grace Slick :p

Oh yes, I really want to see them. Hopefully they will be in the Uk soon, I have to see my second fav band!!
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    yerreyyerrey Posts: 183
    a great band and an amazing album