Funny things overheard at concerts

theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
edited October 2006 in Other Music
I know there was a thread about stupidist thing you have heard at a concert, but I thought I would do one that was a little less harsh. I saw The Who last week and I overheard this being said in the mechandise line. "I don't understand that shirt, why does it say Tommy on it? There isn't anyone in the band named Tommy!"

Anyone else got some funny comments they have heard at shows?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I know there was a thread about stupidist thing you have heard at a concert, but I thought I would do one that was a little less harsh. I saw The Who last week and I overheard this being said in the mechandise line. "I don't understand that shirt, why does it say Tommy on it? There isn't anyone in the band named Tommy!"

Anyone else got some funny comments they have heard at shows?

haha...
    I remember the Black Sabbath reunion tour in Montreal a while back and I overheard a guy say behind me in the seats seconds before they came on stage when it was fairly quiet "Fuck man..drank too much beer and ate crap..I think I literally shit myself..it's all wet back there.."...LOL...fuck I laughed..
    Master of Zen
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    i went to see the red hot chili peppers a few years back and Andrew W K was supporting. when he and his band came out some guys behind me said "is that the red hot chili peppers?"
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    At a PJ show this tour I heard someone tell his friend he wanted to hear 'I got I.D.' pronounced like if you refer to your I.D. card.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    JaneNY wrote:
    At a PJ show this tour I heard someone tell his friend he wanted to hear 'I got I.D.' pronounced like if you refer to your I.D. card.

I always knew that the ID in the name of the song is not the same as I.D. (as in identification card). But I thought it was pronounced like that!! Shame on me! How does ID is pronounced??

Well, I always refer to it as I got shit anyway...
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I always knew that the ID in the name of the song is not the same as I.D. (as in identification card). But I thought it was pronounced like that!! Shame on me! How does ID is pronounced??

Well, I always refer to it as I got shit anyway...

It's pronounced like it looks... 'id.' Like the beginning of 'idiot.' It's a Freudian thing.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win