Dandy Warhols & Brian Jonestown Massacre

theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Playing in Seattle on Friday and it is sold out and I don't have a ticket. Is anyone going?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mmm I don't have tickets, but I saw Dandy Warhols this weekend opening The strokes!!! and they are awesome!!! :D
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Playing in Seattle on Friday and it is sold out and I don't have a ticket. Is anyone going?

Does this mean that the Dandy's and BJM are "friends" again....i LOVE both bands - but "Dig" (and I haven't had the chance to see it from start to finish) sure made it look like they would not be sharing a stage for quite some time.

I've seen the Dandy's 3 times - and unfortunately they got worse each time...the last show Courtney was sooooooo not into it, he seemed like he was being put out by having to be there. They came back for the encore (obviously totally wasted) and did this LONG jam that went nowhere - it was painful.....and i'm not a Dandies fan whose just into them for Bohemian Like You....they are still one of my favourite bands - I just hope their next album gets them back on track
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • I don't know if they are friends again, but I bet it will be something to see the two of them sharing a bill. I wish I could go!!
    Todd76 wrote:
    Does this mean that the Dandy's and BJM are "friends" again....i LOVE both bands - but "Dig" (and I haven't had the chance to see it from start to finish) sure made it look like they would not be sharing a stage for quite some time.

I've seen the Dandy's 3 times - and unfortunately they got worse each time...the last show Courtney was sooooooo not into it, he seemed like he was being put out by having to be there. They came back for the encore (obviously totally wasted) and did this LONG jam that went nowhere - it was painful.....and i'm not a Dandies fan whose just into them for Bohemian Like You....they are still one of my favourite bands - I just hope their next album gets them back on track
  • Funny I just saw Dig last night for the first time. Good friggin movie! I like the show where the caption was "there were about 10 people in attendance, which equalled the amount of hours the BJM decided to play that night"

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• that is a great movie.
    NickyNooch wrote:
    Funny I just saw Dig last night for the first time. Good friggin movie! I like the show where the caption was "there were about 10 people in attendance, which equalled the amount of hours the BJM decided to play that night"
  • Also, I wanna note that one of the guys (I think the guy from BJM) bashed pearl jam in Dig! Saying something like, "Pearl Jam was popular when we were coming up and look now, no one wants to be Pearl Jam. No one imitates them" Or something like that.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    NickyNooch wrote:
    Also, I wanna note that one of the guys (I think the guy from BJM) bashed pearl jam in Dig! Saying something like, "Pearl Jam was popular when we were coming up and look now, no one wants to be Pearl Jam. No one imitates them" Or something like that.

That didn't surprise me at all....theres no doubt its un"cool" to like Pearl Jam, i'm sure 95% of the bands I love probably hate Pearl Jam. In fact being the indie music snob that I am, I am actually far too "cool" to like Pearl Jam.....it's too bad they keep putting out such good music.
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!